VP Growth 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The VP Growth holds a primary objective to develop and ensure the successful execution of company strategic business plans and enabling effectively coordinated implementation of these efforts. Key for success for the role will be creating and overseeing our category management function, inclusive of category strategy, implementation and profitability. Additionally the VP Growth is responsible for the management and team development of the function that oversees the physical expansion of our business, including new center development and new product launches. This key leadership role investigates, conducts analysis and completes financial modeling for both growth and new business opportunities that leverages organizational core competencies and mitigates risks. Partnering with leaders in the organization, the VP Growth identifies and investigates the value propositions of strategic business opportunities, location growth, operational procedure enhancements and training; defining the objectives and executing plans that deliver consistent profitability and operational efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drive growth and profitability from multiple categories.
* Identify strategic category growth opportunities that leverage our current core competencies and include the assessments of: customer demographic trends, operational capabilities, employment trends.
* Key thought leader for organizational strategic planning.
* Primary leaderresponsiblefor all aspects of opening new centers inclusive of:
* Overarching center growth strategy, including new locations and product lines
* Leading Real Estate team and site selection for operational locations
* Lead standardization and implementation of operations training process
* Managing new location leadership and staff with the objective of creating an effective turn-key team
* Create and manage category management function.
* Own new surgical procedure lifecycle: strategy, planning, selection, pilot program, validation and operational implementation to existing and new locations.
* Lead integration activities for operations and ensure the attraction, growth and development of the team that will execute this.
* Manage and enhance the procurement process for the company, including strategy and capital investment, with supply chain effectiveness and cost management as primary drivers.
* Manage leases inclusive of changes in site locations when patient experience and profitability can be enhanced.
* Attract, create and develop a high performance team and culture, actively developing and deploying talent across the business.
* Display a passion to continually seek and implement operational efficiencies and profit improvement opportunities consistent with both organizational objectives and maturity.
* Keep the company and key leadership focused on growth strategies and efforts.
* Create both strategic and operational plans.
* Travel between 25% and 35% of the time.
* As required assume additional responsibilities in scope and/or span of control.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing is preferred with additional preference given to those with a MBA.
* 10 to 12years of management experience in the strong growth organization with a multiple locations being a key business strategy.
* 5years of experience at a Sr. Staff/Executive level role.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use customer research, hard data, and metrics to back up intuition and assess category strategy efficacy.
* Prior leadership in the creation of new service offering and opportunities that increases offering breadth ensures efficacy and maximizes organizational abilities.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to effectively impact the company's direction in order to maximize revenues and profits.
* Possess specific domain knowledge and significant experience in creating a pipeline plan and consistently building, and launching new locations.
* Proven executive leadership experience, sound business judgment and excellent product management skills.
* Possess a clear understanding and ability to favorably impact company expense inter-departmentally by efficiencies and enhancements.
* Excellent time management, communication, decision making, and presentation skills.
* Possess both strong written and verbal communication skills and is adept at making presentations.
* Demonstrated experience in building, managing and developing high performance teams, inclusive of the ability to attract top talent.
* Demonstrated strong understanding of cost analysis models and ROI.
* Previous experience with leased buildings and working with real estate and property management companies.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated business acumen, savvy on the nuances of relationships and be able to grasp business trade-offs quickly.
* High bias for taking ownership, flexibility, and exceptional communication skills
* Excellent time management, decision making, and presentation skills.
* Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
* Possess a strong ability to align peers, direct reports and others around decisions, strategy and/or direction.
* Possess a high level of personal and organizational accountability.
* Uses effective interaction skills and decorum where applicable in working with peers and others.
* Demonstrates and models leadership at all levels.
* Possess a strong desire to achieve at the personal and organizational level.
Will attract, engage and develop a team of leaders in addition to manage external consultant relationships.