VP - Information Security and Quality 8/26/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
As a senior member of the Product Security leadership team reporting directly to the SVP Engineering/CTO, you will be responsible for leading highly talented and versatile teams with expertise in performance, security and quality assurance located in several N. America locations plus offshore resources, to ensure world-class, Security and Quality Assurance in a fast-paced environment. You will be a key member of the management team and in this role you will work closely with the office of the CTO, product management, marketing, sales, services, support, and operations.
* Play key role to help develop and implement world class security programs across BMC
* Work closely with cross-functional teams and company leaders to ensure security threats are addresses and solutions are provided to mitigate risk
* Ensure alignment with the key business stakeholders. Effectively manage resources and remove obstacles to accomplish business goals
* Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the function
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
RESULTS ORIENTATION. The successful individual will have demonstrated the ability to manage and lead a world-class software development organization in a high-growth software company and will have achieved superior results by motivating teams via leadership, conviction and credibility. This individual must have a proven track of delivering projects on-time, on-budget and on scope.
TEAM LEADERSHIP. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a strong team-oriented approach by leading via inspiration and motivation. He/she will have demonstrated the ability to win commitment at a rational and emotional level. The ideal candidate will have shown the ability to optimize delivery organizations and take organizations to the next level. The ideal candidate will have shown a track record of defining and creating a focused, high-performance team. He/she will also have demonstrated the ability to grow the professional capabilities of a team through internal development and external recruitment of top talent. He/she will have a known record of appropriately delegating responsibilities and transferring some of own duties and decisions as reports, skills, and organizations size both increase.
COLLABORATION AND INFLUENCING. The candidate would have demonstrated the ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between superiors, peers and subordinates within the organization. The individual will be skilled at communicating ideas to others and inviting and considering input from others. He/she will be accessible and approachable, respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality.
* BSCS/MSCS, technical degree and/or 15 years software development experience and 7-10 years of dedicated Quality Assurance experience
* 5 years in executive level management & leadership role
* Proven track record of building strong, highly productive and cohesive teams by your own contribution, professionalism and leadership
* Proven experience in the discipline of QA with strong evidence of managing rigorous testing methodologies for enterprise products
* Experience working in large organizations with a track record of handling a portfolio of interdependent products and suites
* Experience in an organization that has grown through organic and M&A growth is a distinct plus as BMC has acquired several products into the overall portfolio
* Effective leader with exceptional interpersonal & communication skills and strong experience with staff development
* Deep knowledge in enterprise software security
* Ability to apply tools, methodologies and practices for the improvement of the project delivery process including agile processes
* Previous experience leading a QA testing environment for products used in a Sass and Cloud computing environment
* Ability to connect and interact with other departments & customers Face of Engineering (Product Management/Product Owners, Hardware, Sales, Marketing, etc.)