VP, Investment Analysis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
* Do you see yourself as a
* Vice President, Investment Analysis
* ? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU\. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies \- people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do\. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team\. IHG Americas Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta s Perimeter \(I\-285\), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta\. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours\. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on\-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants\. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca\-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta\. Our Americas Corporate office, based in
* Atlanta, Georgia
* , is currently seeking a
* VP, Investment Analysis
* to be responsible to oversee the corporate finance function for the Americas Region to drive financial returns from IHG s investment of capital and pursuit of growth initiatives\. Oversee the activities of the Investment Analysis unit to ensure that it provides unbiased financial projections and investment analysis to determine viability of the Company s investments in the Americas\.*
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Function as Finance lead to evaluate new hotel development projects and perform financial analysis related to such projects\. The scope of work will also include, portfolio deals, joint ventures, acquisitions and loans, and guarantee deals\. Ensure deal structures meet IHG and partner investment parameters and desired hurdle rates\. Assist developers to evaluate structure and negotiate transactions\. Represent the Investment Analysis team at relevant committee meetings\. Direct analysis of expansionary capital to ensure a strategic investment focus that contemplates both company strategies for brand development and the shifting investment environment\. Oversee the capital appraisal and review process for the Americas\. Conduct critical reviews of all capital appraisals taking into account deal terms from Development, operational input, and market input\. Oversee market feasibility analysis ensuring that the Investment Analysis team serves as an objective and independent arbitrator of projected hotel performance based on its own independent analysis as well as input from the Operations, Development, and Brand teams\. Develop formal capital analysis for the Americas Operating Committee and Executive Committee on major projects requiring IHG investment\. Prepare papers and financial evaluations for presentation to executive committees\. Function as Americas Region lead in the development and review of IHG global investment policy\. Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, approve salary and classification changes\. Plan, organize, control and lead subordinate functions within established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures for assigned functions\. Lead creation of department staffing and capital budgets\.*
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work\-related experience\. MBA preferred\.*
* 10 years progressive work\-related experience in hotel development and acquisitions, consulting, investment banking, asset management and/or feasibility with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well as 5 to 7 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects\.*
* Technical Skills and Knowledge:
* Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large\-scale projects from conception through implementation\. Demonstrated proficiency in developing and maintaining working partnerships in a global organization\. Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people\. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of presenting and discussing complex deal structures with clients, brokers/consultants, senior management and staff\. Demonstrated ability to present a persuasive argument to senior\-level managers, and to challenge and influence others\. Demonstrated in\-depth knowledge of financial principles, corporate finance, capital markets, and investor practices\. Demonstrated understanding of the relevant economy and its current investment climate relative to the hotel industry\. Must have extensive industry knowledge\. Must be fluent with investment analysis techniques including NPV, IRR, and DCF\. Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem\-solving skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects\. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision across a global organization\.*
* Must have the legal right to work in this country
* In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401\(k\) program\. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people\. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself\. So what's your passion? Please click 'Apply Online' and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG\. IHG is an equal opportunity employer:
Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans*
* _Finance & Business Support_*
* Requisition ID:
* _R123434_ .