VP, Lead Software Engineer - Java and Oracle 8/25/2016
Capital Markets Placement
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With award-winning mobilebanking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help the client deliver high quality products to clients. We also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and youll constantly be looking ahead. Well look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the market.
* The candidate will be part of the development team responsible for delivering Transaction Data solutions in the Global Markets/Equities Front-Office environment. Responsibilities include technical leadership and solution design for strategic Transaction Data Warehouse solutions. This is a technical position Java/Oracle software engineer.
* Build and maintain strong relationship with business leads/stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs, business requirements and project delivery plans.
* Work closely with technology stakeholders from Equities Front Office systems including Order Management (OMS), Execution Management (EMS), Algos and Routers to understand all technical and operational aspects of the internal data flows and integration points.
* Help define and promote technology roadmap for the development team based on the groups delivery targets and overall strategic program plan.
* Ensure adherence to clients SDLC process and standards, including analysis, design, development, integration testing, packaging and deployment automation.
* Maintain strong culture of Change Management, ensure all necessary project artefacts are produced, reviewed and signed off with all stakeholders.
* Foster relationships with stakeholders within Global Markets Equities to enhance the engagement model between Data team and LOB-aligned teams.
Skills and qualifications:
* 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, 4+ years in EquityTradingpreferred
* In-depth understanding of Equities Transaction Data and associated data models
* Hands on technical expert in Core Java, server side Java, multithreading, JMS, JDBC, Spring, design patterns, patterns, shell scripts, Perl. J2EE knowledge is a big plus
* Experience in developing high-throughput, low-latency data processing systems with aspects of expert performance tuning of complex, heavily multi-threaded Java server applications will be advantageous
* Advanced knowledge of SQL and logical data modelling is required. Extensive technical expertise with Oracle is essential for this position (database design, PL/SQL, packages, process design, etc.)
* Proficiency in data management areas such as data sourcing, data profiling, data analysis, etc.
* Working knowledge of front-to-back Equities trade lifecycle, flows and execution scenarios is critical for this role. Knowledge and understanding of Equity Front Office applications such as OMS/EMS, Algos, Equities Regulatory Reporting (OATS, BlueSheets, FINRA, MiFID, etc.) is very helpful. Hands-on knowledge of FIX protocol is preferable
* Proven track record of working within Equities organization and building technology solutions is key. Extensive experience in delivering technical data management solutions in the Financial Services Industry meeting Equities Front Office trading data needs
* Excellent communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills
* Ability to work across multiple global business groups and domains. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work in fast paced environment; possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline or unrelated Bachelors with Professional Certification/Masters in IT