VP, Liquidity Risk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: * Lead a small team of Liquidity Risk professionals, working with key stakeholders, Business and Risk departments, to advance the Company's initiatives for management of liquidity and associated risks
* Provide thought leadership in the design and implementation of strategies for management and measurement of liquidity risk
* Maintain thorough understanding of the regulatory requirements regarding liquidity risk; drive appropriate plans and actions to ensure any gaps are addressed on a timely basis
* Ensure compliance with CIT's policy and reporting requirements together with implementation of the full spectrum of liquidity risk measures where appropriate
* Manage framework, systems and process changes to enable high quality deliverables from Liquidity Risk
* Work directly with Business and Corporate leadership teams to ensure a sound understanding of liquidity risks, providing an independent view and value-adding contribution to enhance proactive risk management and establish an effective relationship as a trusted business partner
* Pro-actively and continuously reassess CIT's liquidity risk environment and adjust measurement and controls as necessary to ensure a strong framework.
Qualifications: * Minimum of 7 years of experience in Bank Treasury quantitative role with significant project management expertise and strong communication skills
* Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations for a SIFI institution (e.g. Enhanced Prudential Standards) and experience managing regulatory relationships and issues.
* Has appropriate business liquidity risk experience, including risk measurement, stress testing and reporting
* Advance degree in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Applied Mathematics, etc. or equivalent professional qualifications in risk
* Excellent written / oral communication skills - in particular, an ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a diverse audience and relate to less market and liquidity risk aware businesses
* Possess a good risk management and treasury network and strong knowledge of best practice techniques in the industry covering market risks, ALM and liquidity and financial risk management