This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Dietary Supplements and Nutritional Ingredients
JOB DESCRIPTIONVP OF MARKETING / CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER - DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS
TEXAS - START UP
Are you a driven, Marketing executive with unique and innovative experience managing a "hip and cool " CPG Brand(s) Our client is an established, "start-up" manufacturer of branded, bio-tech nutraceuticals (dietary supplements) and industrial nutritional ingredients. Their company headquartered in TX and they are "earth friendly" and are seriously committed to leaving "zero" carbon footprint on the environment as the raw materials they use are completely sustainable and quickly renewable!
They have a unique patented "processing technology" which has led to the creation of a new, "branded" line of "hip and cool" Dietary Supplements (backed by clinical trials) which will be sold through the large national retailers but will also be aggressively marketed and sold using social media, internet and other direct to consumer channels.
They are looking for a "hands-on" Chief Marketing Officer / Vice President of Marketing to be a "major" contributor to this exciting, fast-moving, nutritional products start up. The Chief Marketing Officer will report directly to the CEO and must be comfortable thinking "outside the box" and must not be afraid to break the traditional marketing mold.
The Chief Marketing Officer MUST be assertive, tenacious and most importantly, he/she must be PASSIONATE about Marketing, the Brand and be the future success of the company!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead and manage the Marketing function for the company and be a key member of the executive management team.
* Participates in the development and oversees the implementation of the brand positioning and overarching brand architecture for multi-channel and global brand development.
* Develops short and long range brand goals and objectives as it relates to domestic and global market penetration and growth.
* Leads strategic development of marketing plan and calendar that increases brand relevance, drives profitable sales, increases visitation and creates interest/excitement for the brand.
* Works collaboratively within both the branded products channel and industry ingredient channel.
* Lead the development, buy-in and implementation of an aggressive social media and internet marketing plan
* Lead development of all marketing materials and elements including Digital, Social, POP etc.
* Provides various reports, analysis, and regular status reports on brand health and marketing programs.
* Championing of customer insights and digital positioning. Expertise in a wide range of online and marketing channels
* Championing the adoption of digital approaches across the company and ensure long term alignment.
* Create and market the new industry segment
* Create the strategic positioning and messaging for companies key audiences
* Must have at least a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or similar field. Masters degree or MBA is preferred.
* Must have at least 5+ yrs of Executive Marketing experience at the VP level
* Must be a Visionary with strong verbal and written communication skills
* Prefer Marketing Executives with some industry experience in either dietary supplements, food, beverage, nutritional ingredients, pharmaceuticals, healthy products or similar branded CPG's
* Must have at least 5+ years' experience managing a progressive CPG BRAND, considered "_Hip and Cool_", ideally a food, beverage, nutritional product, dietary supplement or pharmaceuticals.
* Prefer candidates with start-up experience and/or IPO experience
* Prefer candidates that have prior experience working with trendy, hot brands and/or products that have led to the creation of a new industry or industry segment as a result.
* Must have experienced and be comfortable implementing marketing and sales strategies using social media and the internet to create interest, excitement and demand for branded retails/consumer products.
* Experience in innovating business models and developing new channels, business models or business transformation.
* Understanding of the evolving digital world on both the demand side (how people/companies are using technology).
* Must have the ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders.
* Project management, problem solving and organizational skills applied in a constantly changing fast-paced environment.
* Proven ability to express a clear vision of future goals and organizational expectations and inspire others to achieve the goals.
* Ability to communicate and work across functional, geographic and cultural boundaries, at all levels of management.
* Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally
* Must be able to relocate to the Houston, TX area within the next year
In return, they can offer a competitive compensation package, bonus, benefits and an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company that has amazing potential going forward! Please send resume or contact us