VP Of Distribution 8/10/2016
Jefferson City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY PROFILE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. With a 94 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Join us in this awesome mission!
The VP of Distribution for the National Service Organization will report to the SVP/GM and be an integral member of the senior management team who will directly guide and impact the organization's overall strategic goal of enhanced customer experience through innovation, robust system tools, and development of the workforce.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be the operational (fulfillment & distribution) expert within the organization. S/he must be extremely motivated to elevate the operations of the organization within the Supply Chain network in a way that can be duplicated across the corporation. This person will manage a large multi-channel distribution center, focused on the daily activities necessary to achieve the service levels around safety, quality, turn time, and costs.
* This position demands a dynamic leader with strong emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills.
* Identify and implement industry best practices in distribution to drive efficiency and operational effectiveness.
* Managing the fulfillment and distribution activities in a high volume, high turn, and multi-shift environment while collaborating and partnering with Scholastic's many stakeholders.
* The hiring, development, and retention of staff to include the highest quality individuals to support continuous improvement, succession planning and future growth of the business.
* Creating and implementing continuous improvement initiatives that reduce cost of operations and improve service level, capacity, productivity and quality.
* Participates in annual Budget preparation and has full P&L responsibility for the facility.
* Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders and establishing and maintaining effective relationships with our vendor and supplier community.
* Drive operational excellence and best practices to improve quality, service, cost, & safety
* Full P&L and operational responsibility for DC.
* Enhance the development of the DC management infrastructure.
* Further develop and enhance the strategic business plan to accomplish the established growth and profitability objectives
* Creates a positive, collaborative relationship with peers and support groups.
* Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.
* Bachelor's degreerequired, Master's degreepreferred.
EXPERIENCE preferOracle and Dematic equipment knowledge
* Expertise in all freight modes, particularly small parcel carriers
* A proven track record of building and developing strong supply chain organization and aligning internal resources with external customer expectations
* Must possess outstanding communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Must possess strong leadership and employee relations skills with a focus on engagement.
* High standard of integrity and reliability; able to build trust & loyalty with others.
* Financial acumen and budgeting experience.
* Good track record of coaching and development within a non-union environment
* Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, Inventory Management
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.