VP, Payroll Services - Residuals
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Entertainment Partners, we help to power Oscar-winning films, Emmy-winning shows and Clio-winning commercials. Feel the satisfaction of directly impacting the most exciting industry in the world while fostering a work environment with the nimbleness of a start-up but the stability of a blue chip. EP is poised to redefine and evolve the back-office processes of the entertainment community.
Residuals processing is one of the key drivers of revenue and a major growth opportunity for the company's future. The VP of Payroll Services - Residuals will develop and drive our Global Residuals strategy in conjunction with our Payroll Senior Leadership Team. This VP will lead the Residuals department at EP and will establish goals, policies and procedures to ensure emphasis on excellent client service, productivity gains and accuracy. This VP will also be responsible for helping architect new and innovative residuals systems, which have the potential to completely overhaul how residuals are processed for the industry.
We are seeking a hands-on, dynamic and organized leader with an operational focus who will also represent EP with our clients, forming strategic relationships and ensuring their needs are met. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and will have experience interpreting contracts. The position will report to the Executive Vice President - Payroll, and will be a member of the Payroll Senior Leadership Team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Develops and drives functional strategy for Residuals with input from the Residuals and Payroll Leadership Team
* Builds and maintains relationships with Finance, Tax, Business Development, Strategic Account Management, Internal Audit, IT, Treasury and general management
* Applies a deep awareness of external trends (i.e. business trends, regulatory issues, etc.) to anticipate internal/external customers' needs and conceptualize new offerings
* Charts the course to migrate the current service to a paperless environment
* Manages all residuals, participations and commercial talent business operations
* Focuses on: continual process improvement with Residual and Payroll leaders to ensure efficient and accurate residuals processing, tax reporting, accounting and record retention
* Forecasts budget needs for area and manages resources to ensure financial objectives are met
* Monitors residuals payroll for key SLA indicators
* Is Project Sponsor of Next Gen Residuals system and a driver of evolving EP Payroll systems to ensure productivity gains, adherence with governmental regulations and continual improvement in client service
* Ensures Payroll organization implements SOX controls and coordinates annual testing with internal and external auditors
* Has an understanding and appreciation of the regulatory environment the company is exposed to as a payroll service provider
* Collaborates with colleagues and internal/external customer group leaders to assess customers' immediate and long-term needs based on the company's objectives
* Meets with clients and internally reviews performance of the group to assess ongoing client satisfaction and improvement opportunities
* Serves as a 'change agent' ensuring the Payroll department is a forward-thinking and proactive group focusing on best practices and technological advancements
* In conjunction with the Executive Vice President - Sales and Marketing and Residuals Account Managers, develops client sales and implementation plans to significantly grow the business
* Has a track record of succession planning and leadership development
* B.A. in Business or Accounting
* Advanced degree a plus
* Extensive experience running the operations of a business unit
* Extensive experience reporting to and engaging with organizational executives/C-suite
* Guild or Entertainment Union and/or Studio experience a plus
* High industry business knowledge and expertise in all areas of television, film and commercial production and distribution relating to above-the-line talent
* Knowledge of the Residuals business
* Understanding of state and federal statutory regulations, Workers' Compensation requirements and entertainment industry practices
* General understanding of entertainment job cost systems and ancillary tools such as budgeting and scheduling software a plus
* General knowledge of entertainment labor contracts a plus
* Lean Sigma Certified a plus