VP, Projects - PDS Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
VP, Projects - PDS Construction
Auto Req ID
This position will lead and support JLL s clients in commercial real estate project planning for one of the leading Project and Development Services businesses. Applicant must be pro-active, driven, collaborative, and seek excellence for the client and be proactive working in conjunction with our Brokerage group. The right candidate will deliver senior level project management and supervision in commercial construction projects. Additionally provide superior employee management and client service. Meeting assigned financial targets is also critical to the success of the position.
* Develop project specific and client driven goals, schedules, budgets and detailed assumptions.
* Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria the meets the client needs.
* Build rapport with client representatives and Brokerage to ensure scope of project and outside business forces affecting the project is fully understood and that specific deliverables are fully understood with performance standards and other relevant criteria.
* Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the client, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
* Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data and clearly defined set of budget assumptions.
* Act as the primary senior level contact with the client throughout the duration of the project.
* Guide the client and team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff.
* Develop and maintain the Master Project Schedule.
* Prepare various RFP s needed for vendor and contractor services for the complete project.
* Develop procedures for distribution, receipt, opening, leveling and award
* Facilitate a project kick-off meeting with internal staff and key stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all concerned.
* Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
* Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations.
* Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Management Committee and Region Manager.
* Assist Management Committee and Region Manager in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
* Assist in training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
* Assist Team Lead in informing client of issues affecting relocation and develop process for facilities training and space turnover. Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
* Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables to maintain a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, account finance team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
* Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals
* Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts
* Highly organized with strong analytical skills
* Demonstrated ability to support or lead Business Development initiatives as assigned or requested.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients, specifically brokerage.
* Ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client s representatives, and team members.
* Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in architecture, business, real estate, engineering or construction management
* Minimum of 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing design and construction of projects.
* Relevant experience on commercial related projects is a must.
* Experience leading and running numerous facets of a large project simultaneously or multiple smaller projects simultaneously
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of commercial design and construction, and experience working on large scale projects is a must
* Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with existing and prospective clients
* A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling and process as they relate to corporate or government real estate
* Ability to lead individuals to deliver superior results in client service
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional manner and computer literacy
* Ability to travel in the South East region.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Additional certifications preferred, but not required (e.g., PE, RA, LEED, CMAA, CHC)
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43859BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive