VP Quality Assurance - Global Services Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: US-MN-Arden Hills; US-MN-Maple Grove
REQUISITION ID: 286740
VP, QUALITY ASSURANCE - GLOBAL SERVICES
**POSITION CAN BE BASED IN EITHER MARLBOROUGH, MA OR IN ONE OF OUR MINNEAPOLIS, MN LOCATIONS**
This executive role in Quality Assurance requires the incumbent to lead the oversight of the Quality organization supporting Capital Equipment, Supplier Quality, US Distribution and Global Sterilization for the organization.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, pelvic health, and chronic pain conditions. We are a leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
- Provides vision and leadership for the quality organizations supporting Capital Equipment, Supplier Quality, and Distribution and Sterilization. Determines organizational objectives and links those objectives to division, function, and corporate objectives.
- Initially lead development of both the Capital Equipment of Supplier Quality organizational restructuring.
- Direct manager of Capital Equipment Build facility; US. Capital Equipment Repair and Service organizations, Supplier Quality organization, Quincy, and Coventry. Strategic leader of global Capital Equipment, Distribution, Sterilization, and Supplier organizations and initiatives, in collaboration with regional and other sites.
- Work closely with Global Supply Chain organization to ensure proper quality processes and procedures.
- Will participate in Quality Master Planning (QMP) process as required.
- Serve as member of the Quality and Regulatory Senior Staff. The team is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Quality and Regulatory organization.
- Will participate in Quality System Governance Board.
- May serve as the Management Representative for the designated businesses and associated site(s).
- Maintains compliance to Global Quality Management System.
- Manages and maintains effectiveness of Quality Management System.
- Represents the business or site to outside regulatory bodies.
- Collaborates with multiple cross-functional colleagues to ensure achievement of goals.
- Influences executive decision making regarding prioritization of all projects to obtain critical resources and funding for projects.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- B.S. Degree with minimum of 15 years management experience in quality and regulatory for medical devices and/or pharmaceuticals. The majority of experience should be in medical devices. Capital Equipment and Supplier Quality experience and expertise highly desirable.
- Advanced Engineering degree or MBA is highly preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||US-MN-Arden Hills; US-MN-Maple Grove||Quality||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, QA, Quality Assurance, Quality, Engineering, Legal, Technology