VP, Rail Market Analysis & Communications 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: The VP - Market Analysis & Communications is a member of the Strategic Marketing team that drives the strategic planning, market research and communication efforts for CIT Rail. This is a highly visible role that interacts daily with CIT Rail's President, as well as the Commercial and Operational Leaders of the business, in our strategic planning efforts, developing various stakeholder communications, and in constructing detailed market information and analysis.
* Coordinating new Rail investment projections and associated new volume revenue forecasts for both the North American and European rail portfolios.
* Communicating business conditions and strategies to various internal/external stakeholders (Executive Management Committee, Risk, Finance/Treasury, Investor Relations, etc.).
* Monitoring and analyzing competitor fleets, events and developments.
* Researching and developing business cases for growth initiatives.
* Leading the development of portfolio and market analytics.
* Developing and maintaining web-based content to maximize effectiveness. Maximizing and tracking customer website usage.
Qualifications: * 15+ years of market research/strategic marketing experience within rail or transportation industry. Experience in transportation leasing industry or financial experience/exposure is preferred.
* MBA with concentration in Marketing, Finance or Strategy preferred.
* Knowledge of how to leverage information management tools and the ability to forge data access channels in and outside the organization.
* Proven leadership ability, with record of accomplishment.
* Knowledge of industry resources and 3rd party information providers in transportation sector.
* Ability to drive initiatives across functional groups of the organization.
* Ability to interact with, and direct analytical resources.