VP Residential Underwriting
A top national real estate company and a highly respected Miami-based firm have combined to start a residential lending unit. They are seeking someone to head its underwriting.
They are seeking a local (Dade/Broward based) candidate that has 10 years residential underwriting and underwriting management experience with a portion in a banking framework.
Looking for a highly proficient candidate that can work in an entrepreneurial environment and can roll up their sleeves and be hands on.
Some work functions include:
* Assess transaction (collateral) and counterparty (borrower) risk in order to make loan approval decisions
* Determine recurring cash flow of collateral to service debt
* Ensure that loan applications, narratives, appraisals, borrower background checks, and other verifications meet market, internal and regulatory compliance criteria
* Prepare deal profiles for credit committee, including but not limited to analyses of both the asset and borrower, industry (along with market and submarkets) trend analysis and identification of key risk factors
* Ensure adherence and compliance of internal policies and procedures during onboarding, underwriting and closing processes