VP Sales, Dole Berry Company
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
This role is a senior leadership sales role relative to leading and managing the Dole Berry Sales Team. The team is responsible for selling the geography of the North America on all aspects of Dole Berry products. This role will have P&L responsibility for the Dole Berry business.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Hire, train, motivate and lead the Dole Berry Sales Team to ensure the team achieves selling daily volume and price objectives for all Dole Berry Products.
* Assign customer/geography responsibilities by sales person.
* Establish annual budgets for each berry by customer.
* Lead the new business process and expanding business with existing customers.
* Ensure invoicing and allowances are handled properly and timely.
* Conduct quarterly sales business reviews with key strategic customers.
* Work cross functionally with transportation/logistics, agricultural ops, innovations, marketing, category management and other Dole sales teams to drive profitable growth.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and decision making skills.
* Understanding of an account P&L.
* Knowledge and ability to use basic software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes. Cognos, syndicated data, understanding of basics relative to production and quality control, L.A.M.P. understanding and utilization, understanding of commodity markets and personnel management
* Base knowledge of perishable supply chain logistics, integrated account management and basic qualitative and quantitative consumer needs analysis
* Ability to travel up to 50% required.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* 10-15 years sales management experience.
* Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Business Management/Sales or a minimum of 10 years business management experience.
Monterey, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.