VP Software Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBased in Kennesaw, Ga., it is a part of the Tax fosters talent management initiatives.
* Develop and effectively manage the financial budget for all expenses (including capitalization) associated with the design, development and implementation of our platform and product lines.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, business, or equivalent.
* 12-15years related experience in commercial software development as well as 5years' experience with IT/IS.
* 10-12+ years of experience in managing software development teams and senior level direct reports.
* Deep design and delivery experience for a portfolio of products of multi-tier on premise or SaaS products with web-based, plugin-based, and mobile-based clients on the Microsoft C#/.NET/SQL Server Microsoft technology stack in private and public cloud infrastructure.
* Deep understanding of Data Architecture with both relational VLDBs and NoSQL database and Data modeling of optimally normalized database design.
* Demonstrated experience and success in cross-group collaboration models to design and deliver multi-tier architectural products and services.
* Advanced experience and management of operational and technical requirements associated with a service oriented approach to design and implementation (e.g. 24/7 stability, performance, scalability, instrumentation, monitoring and localization).including capacity planning of DB, App and VM service and server architecture.
* Understanding of security compliance, threat and vulnerability assessment and prevention techniques as part of an enterprise security framework.
* Experience building successful FTE/ Offshore/ISV, co-located Agile team models and delivery.
* Demonstrated experience and success in active governance models and delivering results in a matrixed organization.
* Advanced verbal, written communications and presentation skills to all organizational levels and the external market.
* Possesses in-depth knowledge of industry tools and technology and its appropriate use for addressing future needs.
* A successful track record in leadership positions in which the organization exceeded business objectives and growth targets; expects excellence and demands high performance from self and others.
* Must have strong strategic thinking and analytical skills -- experience should include demonstrated ability to develop innovative and effective strategies. Ability to straight-line rank objectives that are complex and conflicting and make data-driven decisions. Empowers team to make decisions to enable the business.
* Demonstrated ability to deploy and communicate vision, goals & objectives and a clear view of the future state and tangible actions to execute against them.
* Excellent facilitation skills and ability to influence. Drives for collaboration in conjunction with shared goals & objectives, but not necessarily consensus.
* Demonstrated ability to lead a complex and diverse organization and implement change with success in coaching and mentoring teams to ensure a high performance and innovative culture that allows for appropriate risk taking.
* Demonstrated ability to transform an organization to assure the right talent and capabilities exist and are aligned in an effective organizational structure.
* Must be well-organized - candidate must show evidence of successfully implemented strategies and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously and remain focused.
* Thorough understanding of financial concepts including revenue projections, costing, budgeting, etc.
* Proven leadership experience managing teams of 100+, spanning multiple products, including both development and QA.
* Senior leadership role with architecture and software development roles at a SaaS technology company along with a deep understanding of DevOps Processes and with fully automated CI/CD frameworks.
* Experience with mission critical and experienced in building and supporting highly available applications (99.999) at scale.
* Track record of building successful products.
* Dynamic leadership style with strong business acumen.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Experience building and managing top-talent engineering teams.
* Advanced degreepreferred.
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER:
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2015 annual revenues of EUR4.2 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.