VP Technical Operations and Application Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
For over 20 years, the people of our client have been staying ahead of the curve in the fast-moving world of fuel and convenience retail. They were the first to use the power of data for better decisions. Then, as today, their proprietary analytics made data a smart, actionable tool. In an era when others focused on cutting costs, they changed the paradigm to building revenue, market share and profits.
Our client strategy and technology solutions empower fuel and convenience retailers around the globe to achieve greater VOI and success on their own terms. Their clients gain fuller visibility, truer insight and more effective control over what matters most. Beyond data, our client delivers actionable intelligence. Beyond expertise, our client delivers sound judgment.
Fuel and convenience retailing is more complex than ever. To simplify the path to success, our client advises focus on seven elements critical to superior fuel and convenience retail performance. The elements are location, facility, merchandising, price, operations, brand and market. Strategized and optimized, they drive greater value on investment, enabling strategic focus and tactical control. Best-of-practice fuel and convenience retailers know this. Our client helps fuel and convenience retailers stay ahead by staying in touch with emerging value opportunities. Their years of domain expertise tell them where to look, and their leadership in data analysis and software solutions help them to put potential profit into practice.
Over 300 clients, in 68 countries on six continents, in mature and emerging markets, for clients large and small, our client is there with flexible, dynamic solutions that fit.
The Vice President of Technical Operations and Application Services is a key role on this rapidly growing and evolving technology team. Working with our client's recently hired CTO, the VP of Technical Operations will be instrumental in implementing significant change in supporting their globally dispersed software development team. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and proactive individual with strong leadership skills. The position is based in Cleveland, OH and will require domestic and international travel as needed to support the business.
* Function as a "big picture" thinker, who understands the needs of the business...not just the technology that runs it.
* Will drive the scalability and support strategies for large, multi-tenant web applications.
* Manage multiple teams including systems, networking, dev-ops, DBA's, automation along the CI/CD chain, and internal IT.
* Manage 3-5 global teams and 10-15 vendor relationships.
* Create a high functioning, agile organization across multiple locations.
* Can travel when necessary
* MUST be a hands on technical leader with the tools and technologies below.
* Platform agnostic leader who can manage Windows and Linux environments.
* Equally comfortable in a large enterprise environment as in a small startup
* Understands the scale and cost models of different hosting providers like Rackspace, AWS, Azure, and colocation.
* Well versed in virtualization and containers.
* Have some experience deploying and scaling big data solutions like Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Spark, Mongo, etc.
* Is familiar with common dev-ops tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
* Is familiar with application modularization or micro service framework deployments.
* Can use modern data center management tools like OpenStack, CloudStack, AWS, etc.
* Have used or is familiar with HashiCorp's Vagrant and TerraForm.
* Some development experience would be great. Bash, Puppet, Ruby, etc.
* Any security related credentials are preferred but not required.
* Strong DBA experience regardless of the platform.
* Master level knowledge of networking, systems, and data center management.
* Is familiar with commodity hardware solutions and open source tools.
We offer an excellent employment package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance benefits; 401K w/generous match; tuition reimbursement; and more. Very competitive compensation.