VP Technology / CTO 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VP TECHNOLOGY / CTO
Director of Technology will be responsible for leading all aspects of the company's technological development by fostering innovation, prioritizing technology initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology systems across the organization. The expected career path for VP Technology would grow into CTO role.
Must be entrepreneurial, product focused, comfortable with customers and experienced acting in multiple roles. Must have strong conceptual and analytical skills, including ability to quickly evaluate new technologies and identify key insights and apply them to the business.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Partnering with business units to drive product roadmap to achieve sustainable growth for the business
* Translating current concepts in software methodology into design guidance, developing long term strategy, and driving change and continuous improvement in design practices
* Provide thought leadership in the evaluation and upgrade of existing and contemplated technology platforms to support the business
* Experience in project managing, leading development initiatives with a proven track record of delivering on time, meeting requirements and on budget
* Create an environment which fosters a high level of customer service.
* Hiring and retaining exceptional talent; guiding and developing the technical community including training, coaching, mentoring and evaluation
* Acts as a good steward of resources and ensures control of the company's technology budgets.
* Avid communicator, ensuring all stakeholders are acutely attuned to the status of plans and schedules
* Develop and implement SAAS related IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, industry compliance and disaster recovery and back-up procedure
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Exceptional engineering and software architecture experience for application and systems level projects
* Experience working with executive management, employing the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, towards developing and deploying effective strategic direction. Executive level oral presentation and written communication skills
* Capable of working with a high degree of discretion, employing effective customer service and communication methods
* Ability to clearly define a problem and synthesize data to develop clear and thoughtful recommendations and drive actionable results in an entrepreneurial environment
* Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
* Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
* Hands-on approach, with high energy and a strong attention to detail
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS; preferably with Masters' Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
* 10+ years of hands-on technical experience in software development
* 4+ years of experience managing software development teams
* 2+ years of experience in a leadership role in technology-related businesses
* Knowledgeable in Enterprise and cloud-based architectures, Architecting/building a multi-tenant SAAS platform; and related cybersecurity compliance
* Background in cross-platform development (Windows/Linux, etc.) and multiple languages (C++/Java/Web)
* Expert with software development life cycle processes (SDLC) and deployment methodologies.
* Experience with data-related access methods, in particular database administration and management, business intelligence, analytics, link analysis, visualization, event processing, indexing, query processing and parallelization
* Prior experience in one or more of the following is a plus: content management, document management, workflow, machine learning, artificial intelligence, imaging and/or character recognition