VP, Testing Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
National Technical Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONNTS JOB OPPORTUNITIES
"At NTS we believe our success comes from enduring, value-added relationships with our clients and our employees. We believe that the utilization of best practices delivered by a motivated and prepared workforce will allow us to provide awesome customer service and achieve the financial success all of our stakeholders deserve. "
NTS is constantly looking for the best technical talent for positions at our offices and laboratories located throughout the US, Canada, Europe and Asia. The NTS culture is one that treats each employee as a key part of the puzzle that makes us who we are.
Start today! Use our Job Search feature below to review current openings and submit your resume today. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to speaking with you!
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through the NTS Jobs Opportunities page, please email us. No other requests will be acknowledged. EEO M/F/D/V
JOB OPENING - VP, TESTING OPERATIONS
Reference ID: CORPVPTO
Title: VP, Testing Operations
Location: Fullerton, CA
Position Type: Permanent
The Vice President of NTS Testing Operations, Western Region, will lead the Testing Operations for the Western Region of the U.S. with responsibility for providing world class testing services for our customers products. This role will champion a culture of service to our customers through the application of sound practices in the areas of Employee Engagement, Workplace Safety, Lean principles and Quality Management. This is a critical leadership position with the primary responsibility for driving achievement of financial objectives for the Western Region and Testing Operations, as a whole, through the efficient operation of 7 testing facilities located in California and Arizona. This role will manage a team of Site Leaders across the 7 Testing Lab locations with additional matrixed responsibility for other core functions including Sales, Application Engineering, Finance, Human Resources and Information Technology. Other key deliverables include coordinating capture management practices for the Western Region by ensuring Operations, Sales and Application Engineering teams work seamlessly together to respond efficiently to customer requirements and, as a result, win testing business. In addition to the roles and responsibilities in Testing Operations, this role has leadership responsibility for NTS Managed Services business where we offer our customers comprehensive services to manage their testing operations onsite at the customer s facilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Demonstrating leadership in accordance with NTS Core Values
* Enhancing a service oriented culture with key employee engagement focused activities
* Ensuring strong financial results through full P&L responsibility for assigned region
* Defining market and operational strategies and implementation of tactics to achieve plans
* Implementing operational excellence and lean processes to optimize efficiencies
* Ongoing financial management of all facilities and costs to drive margin performance
* Developing the leadership team to support succession planning programs
* Leading and driving local sales and proposal processes within a matrixed sales organization
* Enhancing fulfillment services to broaden the NTS offering
* Preparing and implementing operational, human resource and capital plans
* Effectively communicating status and progress to executive leadership and the overall organization
* Supporting corporate strategy achievement through the delivery of designated key performance indicator targets
* Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug test, DMV and extensive background check
* Bachelor s degree required, preferably Engineering/Technical
* Ten (10) plus years industry experience in Aerospace, Defense and/or Telecom market sectors
* Five (5) or more years experience as a General Manger with P&L ownership
* Experience with product testing industry
* Experience in customer service focused organizations where key processes such as proposal development, contract negotiation and relationship management all need to center on helping our customers deliver their products in the most effective manner
* Seasoned professional, competent in leadership and management of Operations as well as other functions in a matrixed organization structure
* Strong financial skills and proven track record of P&L financial success and business growth
* Proven record of accomplishment through setting and meeting/exceeding performance objectives
* Leadership experience in enhancing Talent Management within an organization through sound practices in talent acquisition, employee selection, employee development and succession planning
* MBA or relevant Master s degree a plus
* Program and Strategic Account Management experience a plus, with particular emphasis on providing a seamless customer service experience
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V