VP Underwriting, Commercial Insurance - E&O, Media, and Cyber Liability
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY From its humble beginnings over 100 years ago to its position of leadership in the insurance industry today, CNA continues to build on a long, proud tradition. Our history is a rich story of service, growth, financial strength and stability. For more than a century we have built strong relationships with business partners and customers creating a legacy of innovation and service. Today CNA is well positioned to compete and win in the commercial insurance marketplace.
Officer position responsible for providing overall underwriting excellence through management and tactical direction for the Commercial Errors and Omissions suite of products, Media Liability, and Enterprise Cyber Liability lines of business. Directs the development and implementation of strategic and operational objectives for the E&O, Media Liability, and Cyber Liability lines in accordance with the companys strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
* Creates strategic and operational objectives with significant impact on the short-term success for the E&O, Media, and Cyber lines of business and moderate impact on the long-term business goals.
* Aligned under the Commercial Insurance platform, develops and maintains underwriting guidelines and best practices to ensure the integrity of the portfolio.
* Ensures the achievement of continued profitability, growth and/or operational efficiencies for E&O, Media, and Cyber lines of business through development of risk appetite, assessment of risk exposures and controls, market dynamics, and emerging risk issues.
* Evaluates underwriting performance based on financial analysis. Includes rate, reserve adequacy, claim, operational, planning and product reviews. Provides results to members of the senior management team and develops plans to adjust results.
* Provides overall direction for underwriting authority delegation and audit criteria. Responsible for the audit results of the books of business.
* Collaborates with business partners in Line of Business, Segments, Underwriting Services, Risk Control, Actuarial, Claim, Field Operations, Worldwide Operations and Compliance to address governance, processing, and compliance issues related to underwriting practices.
* Leads, directs and has full management accountability for staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent development and succession planning in accordance with strategic direction.
* Conducts research, analysis and recommends development of insurance products. Assimilates trends in the industry, determines underwriting best practices and contributes to training/development curricula for E&O, Media, and Cyber lines of business.
* May participate in industry events.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
VP or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
* Mastery of underwriting discipline and knowledge in the insurance field and a broad understanding of the critical issues in other related areas.
* Advanced communication and collaboration skills which are critical to building consensus across area of influence (external and/or internal relationships), teams and/or matrix environment.
* Strong leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
* Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within scope of responsibility.
* Senior level knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree with Masters preferred in a related discipline, or equivalent.
* Typically a minimum of 12 years of related work experience, with seven years management experience.
* Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: Comm Ins-UW-LOB
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.