VP of Commercial Contracts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
The VP of Commercial Contracts will participate as a member of the GKN Aerospace NA Executive staff. This role is responsible for leading the Contracts Proposal and Negotiating function within the Business Unit and partners with VP/GMs to support revenue growth that optimizes profit ant provides win/win solutions through innovation and commercial excellence. Key Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Defines, reviews, and negotiates complex commercial documents with government and civil customers.
* Develop sound proposal and pricing strategies.
* Drives operational excellence and leads the establishment and implementation of best practices, strategies, processes and procedures for commercial contracts function.
* Develop and implement strategies related to contract creation, problem resolution, proposal development, pricing, and contract award administration and close out.
* Develop responses to product configuration changes, cost reduction and value engineering initiatives.
* Drive accurate contract interpretations and interface with the customer on contractual issues. Establish and maintain company credibility with customer audiences. Identify customer need and translate those into coherent product requirements.
* Influences and shares responsibility for the management and leadership of the business to achieve business plans and objectives
* Manages dispute resolution with customers and intermediaries and establishes terms and conditions to lead/support negotiations with strategic suppliers as required.
* Train the Business cross-functional staff on contract issues to raise contracting awareness.
* Ensures that export compliance, data protection and other relevant regulations and legislation for the region are followed.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Customer satisfaction via competitive pricing and timely resolutions of customer problems and issues.
* Maintaining key performance metrics and contribute to internal reporting requirements.
* In all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the US government, the incumbent of this position is responsible to provide full compliance with the Company Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government , including ensuring subordinate staff are aware of the Company Policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for their own actions complying with this policy.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or a related degree is required.
* 10+ years of experience in a commercial contracts leadership role in aerospace and defense contracting and/or program management fields.
* Due to export compliance, must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Master Degree, MBA, or JD degree preferred.
* Experience in leading teams in the analysis of complex business and systems problems, identifying improvement alternatives, and implementing solutions.
* A seasoned negotiator with strong influence skills who can strategically position GKN with customers successfully leverage the company s size to optimize terms and conditions.
* Proven customer management, proposal preparation, pricing and negotiation skills with the ability to influence at senior management levels.
* Experience in implementing industry leading best practices and working within a global organization; capable of leveraging the benefit of the entire enterprise is required.
* Demonstrated experience in the development, negotiation and implementation of contracts and deployment of best practices for a global organization of a similar size and scale.
* Working knowledge and experience of aerospace and government contract manufacturing preferred.
* Demonstrable experience in developing and negotiating contractual agreements
* Experienced with governance (Anti-Bribery, Anti-Corruption, due diligence and local law requirements) in the engagement of intermediaries (advisors, distributors and resellers).
* Experience in US Export compliance and international trade laws*
* Understand and have a keen sense of risk and tolerance to insure the company is always on the correct side of the law.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)