VP of IT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Vice President leads a team of developers, systems admins, engineers and support staff who are responsible for the IT systems and technologies upon which the company runs its business. This key leader in the company will develop and execute a technology strategy and roadmap for the next generation of IT platforms.
The scope of the role encompasses all of IT Operational and Business Support Systems (O/BSS), including Sales/CRM, Product Catalog, Order Management, Service Management, Data Warehouse, ERP, Billing, Building/Facilities Management, Monitoring, Physical Access, Content Management and Knowledge Management.
1. Establish a business aligned-strategy and future state for the O/BSS portfolio (CRM, ITSM, asset management, etc.) and a roadmap to achieve that future state which is both aggressive and achievable
2. Drive software architecture and development best practices and standards; help to become a world-class development shop with market-leading applications and tools
3. Lead team(s) to support, maintain, integrate and enhance existing O/BSS, including in-house developed and third-party applications
4. Run agile (scrum, prioritization, sprint planning, delivery) process for development and all IT resources
5. Manage third-party and service provider resources, relationships, deliverables and budgets, including SLAs, RFIs, RFPs and contracts as it relates to IT Delivery
6. Drive continuous process, service, technology and solution innovation, lead and manage change at all levels
7. Coordinate, develop, optimize and manage overall technology budget
8. Oversee the design, monitoring and maintenance of a reliable, performant, scalable and secure technology environment and ensure continuous delivery of IT services
9. Define IT performance metrics based on overall business objectives and report on performance status
10. Manage, develop, coach, mentor and lead an internal IT staff of approximately 20 resource
11. Determine and build the talent needs of a growing and evolving IT organization through the recruitment, development and retention; set high standards of performance and inspire others to perform their best
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management of Informational Systems or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of continuous IT and business/industry work experience with at least 5 years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large, cross-functional IT teams, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards including ITIL, IT Service Management best practices and software solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; ability to analyze situations, respond independently, prioritize to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and be a team player while maintaining a positive attitude
- High level of objectivity, tact, and diplomacy to establish and maintain an effective on-going relationship between management, employees, and the IT Department.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional organizational change and improvement initiatives
- Superior program management, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates passion and confidence to internal and external audiences
- Skill in communicating IT strategy to all employees/customers
- Success building highly engaged world class teams