VP of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
building materials mfr
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Vice President of Operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directs manufacturing operations through the development, execution and continuous improvement of lean strategies to exceed metrics in People, Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Delivery.
* Contributes to the development and execution of people resource strategies in assigned value streams according to our strategic objectives
* Develops, implements, and sustains lean manufacturing practices
* Contributes to manufacturing operational strategies by providing information, analysis, and recommendations to peer group establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies
Develops strategy for operations through;
* Production planning of manufacturing requirements for assigned areas
* Resource allocation and line capacity - flexible workforce
* Measurement and analysis of results
* Developing necessary countermeasures
* Minimizing variances - maximum efficiency
* Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
* Audits production output for compliance to customer requirements
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record with being an agent for change management. They will have a demonstrated history of positive results, prior experience leading cross functional teams and proven ability to attract, develop and retain a high performing team.
* Position reports to the President
* Direct Reports will include Operations Managers and/or Supervisors
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's Degree with 10years of experience in managing manufacturing operations and people development and 5years demonstrated experience in continuous improvement.
* In-depth knowledge and application of manufacturing best practices - Lean, Kaizen, 5S, and Value Stream Mapping.
* Must have experience and success with positive people practices and creating a culture of trust and engagement.
* Strong leadership and organizational skills to facilitate activities of Production Team and Engineers.
* Strong interpersonal skills to develop teamwork with subordinates and peers
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence people at all levels in the organization
* Demonstrated ability to influence desired outcomes through both direct and indirect resources, viewed as a consensus builder
* Proven track record with Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
* Proficiency with Business Intelligence software that integrates with Microsoft Excel for Financial Planning