VP of Project Manager 8/12/2016
GreenLight Staffing Group
Deerfield Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Leading manufacturer of high-end custom furniture for the hospitality industry.
* Leads the project management team by: assigning projects based on size and difficulty of project, skill level and current workload of PM, and any other relevant circumstances when a project is handed off from sales department to operations; assisting PMs during project hand-off with introduction and guidance; supervising and assisting PMs in maintaining all required client documentation; supervising communications between Junior PMs and clients, and ensuring all PMs adhere to the standard company procedures throughout the entire project process, from acceptance to delivery and closure.
* Tracks the progress of all ongoing projects and deadlines, and assisting or intervening with PMs to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
* Communicates with sales reps, clients, designers, purchasing agents, and/or property owners regarding any issues or changes that are escalated upward from the PMs for resolution. Finding resolutions to problems may include, but is not limited to, issues concerning product development, sample production, freight and deliveries, customer complaints, specification changes, installation clarifications prior to production, etc. (especially essential when issue affects project budget or timeline).
* Makes key decisions impacting cost variance to estimate that determine final project profit; and working through the Project managers, determine with owners the actual project profitability as the project progresses.
* Maintains frequent communication with our Vice President of Operations in the Asia office to coordinate all projects through manufacturing and shipment stages.
* Manages weekly reports from the Operations department, and ensures that any relevant information from those reports (status of or changes to orders) is communicated to our clients.
* Coordinates the needs of the customers with the production capability of the factory to ensure success and satisfaction for both parties.
* Recommends changes in policies and procedures to owners as needed to continually improve the efficiency of the project process, as well as the attainment of client satisfaction in project completion.
* Recruits, hires, and fires staff as needed (with owner approval)
* Coaches, advises, and trains project management team on job duties and expectations; and conducts regular performance reviews with PMs, as assigned.
Vice President of Project Managers reports to all owners. Project Management team (Junior and Senior PMs) report to VP of PMs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JOB:
Must be highly skilled in the business to business complex project management with demanding high end hospitality business (no retail) clients, and possesses both the people skills to communicate with clients and designers and the negotiation skills to negotiate change orders etc. and maintain client satisfaction. Must be skilled and experienced in managing professionals, coaching, advising, delegating and directing professionals to accomplish highly detailed work with both designers and buyers involving high dollar projects. Must understand a timeline, and lead time must be met and not let it slip. Must be highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. Must have excellent negotiation skills, leadership and people skills. Must be a self-starter and proactive individual with a strong sense of urgency. Requires excellent verbal and written skills, excellent organization, planning and coordinating skills and management of a diverse staff. Does not require hand holding to get the job done. Must be a self -starter.