VP of Sales 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Reporting to the President, the VP of Sales is responsible for the direction and leadership of the sales and account management team. The VP will work closely with the President and VP of Operations to lead and grow MCCI and therefore must have the desire and entrepreneurial mindset to operate successfully as a senior leader within a fast-paced, growing company.
While the VP of Sales must have a true passion for sales and the experience that will garner respect from direct reports, they must also be operationally minded to ensure that growth happens responsibly and with a focus on the bottom line. The following is a detailed list of responsibilities, job qualifications and competencies, which are all extremely important, however to summarize and to convey what is most important: The person must be a LEADER.
* PersonalBusiness DevelopmentEfforts
* Develop relationships with existing customers, industry consultants and complementary software vendors to leverage sales opportunities through references and referrals
* Build and nurture new relationships within existing clients and prospects at senior levels of the organization who are influencers, decision makers and/or budget holders
* Lead strategy for enterprise level sales and marketing
* Lead strategy for high volume transactional sales and marketing
* Take the lead on opportunities in the event the team lacks the right player, or in the event that it is new type of opportunity that must be learned and executed on before it can be taught.
* Be instrumental in new product and service development; entrepreneurial
* Lead effort to secure and maintain contract vehicles
* Sales Operations
* Develop, build and manage the sales process
* Take responsibility for quality and accuracy of all proposals and the proposal process
* Develop/enhance/analyze pricing models as well as ensure effective pricing discipline
* Make decisions on opportunities to pursue
* Ensure the end product is of high quality
* Lead and provide oversight on large opportunities
* Track KPI's, analyze, report and communicate sales activities and results to Executive team
* Manage, develop and coach sales team and hold them accountable against metrics;
* Build, train, and mentor sales team in lead gen. and origination of new and existing business
* Develop sales team through recruiting, selecting and growing exceptional sales talent
* Lead the strategic process of formulating overall and individual sales business plans
* Travel with team members, visiting existing clients, potential clients and alliance partners.
* Drives for revenue goal attainment, both quarterly and annually while reporting revenue projections and forecasts.
* Partner with Executive team to interpret client feedback, set strategy, drive product development, and balance project portfolio to best support existing customers, potential customers, and growth initiatives
* Partner with Executive team to optimize sales efficiency, improve sales processes and accelerate revenue growth
* Partner with Executive team in regards to acquisition strategy and execution
* Excellent sales skills with the ability to coach, train, develop and motivate others
* Previous experience personally selling complex products to C-Suite and V-levels
* Quick learner and highly intelligent
* Minimum of 5+ years building and growing sales and relationship management teams
* Desire and willingness to travel as needed
* A proven sales leader who is able to lead and manage across revenue streams and maximize value across all channels
* Knowledge of and experience with selling software and/or large consulting projects using workflow, ERP, and / or back office technology solutions
* Experience selling managed services or solutions that include technical consulting service and business process outsourcing
* Strong operations management discipline in a continuous improvement environment. Ability to solve complex problems, apply sound judgment and decision-making skills
* Strong financial and business acumen. Demonstrated ability to define organizational and/or functional strategy, establish success measures and drive successful execution to achieve desired results
* Ability to adapt in a changing work environment and achieve results through others. Successful demonstration of the ability to organize, prioritize and guide the work of others
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization and tailor messages according to the audience. Demonstrated ability to facilitate large team meetings and deliver formal presentations, influencing others and secure buy-in
* Highly energetic and results-driven, with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
* Builds trust by demonstrating high ethical standards and personal integrity
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field required - Graduatedegreepreferred
* Effective use of and belief in CRM
* Focusing on the Bottom Line - Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line;
* Making Tough People Calls - Reads people accurately; can diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential; knows what skills are required to fill a job or role; hires the best.
* Getting Organized - Is well organized, resourceful, and plans well; effective and efficient at marshaling multiple resources to get things done; foresees and plans around obstacles.
* Getting Work Done Through Others - Leads and manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops.
* Inspiring Others - Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause.
* Negotiation - Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships.
MCCi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.