VP of Sales
Our Client is responsible for designing, engineering and manufacturing customized food processing equipment for use in the food processing industry. The capital equipment includes custom designed cookers, smart cookers, mixers, dumpers, high-lift dumpers, column dumpers, blenders, screw blenders, vacuum blenders, conveyors, cluster breakers, loaders and systems.
The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for leading the company's direct sales and marketing initiatives at headquarters in Temple, Texas. As a member of the company's executive team, the VP of Sales will develop monthly and annual sales quota goals and determine the best way to reach these revenue objectives. This position is responsible for meeting with customers at a Corporate Level and will travel 20% of the time.
Management responsibilities include implementing policies and procedures, formulating sales strategies, training and mentoring staff and employees, and driving business results. Responsibilities include maintaining salesbudgets, seeking new customers and working with engineering and manufacturing leaders to verify plant capacity when closing deals to meet customer expectations. Monitors global sales for the company and stays up-to-date on market changes and indexes. The Vice President of Sales must be self-motivated, responsible, professional and accountable.
* Directly responsible for all aspects of the sales divisions, including but not limited to:
o Leadership of sales force, both field sales and inside sales
o Assists with complex negotiations
o Helps close sales deals
o Attends sales presentations
o Travels with Regional Managers at least Quarterly
o Meets with customers at Corporate Level and as needed
o Develops marketing strategies
o Staffing decisions
o Managing progress of quoted jobs
o Monitors quote closure rate of sales force
o Builds customer relationships
o Engages new customers
o Responds to changes in customer needs quickly and efficiently
o Initiates process improvements in the sales department
o Continuously self-educating concerning related skill sets and industry changes
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong Leadership skills are essential
* Experience working with C-level executives
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Highly developed motivational skills
* Attendance and a solid work ethic are expected.
* Frequent travel will be required
* Bachelor's degree or higher in business (preferred) or marketing, Plus
* Ten years experience in sales leadership/management, with at least four years' experience in a selling role.
* Background with selling of food processing equipment preferred but not required