VP of Sales and Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe VP of Sales and Business Development leads a team of sales managers and sales executives who target small and medium businesses for our niche marketing service. We are a very lean and innovative company. In this position, you will coach and manage your sales team's activities in order to meet client acquisition goals.
* Lead sales team to consistently meet and exceed team client acquisition goals each month
* Recruit, hire, motivate, and develop sales performers and sales managers
* Develop deep understanding of target vertical markets
* Implement detailed sales activity plans for team members
* Demonstrate and develop all necessary selling skills including lead generation, opportunity qualification, solution development, presentation, negotiation, and closing
* Complete & deliver ongoing reporting on sales activities, progress, results, & plans
* Ensure team is well trained on company service offerings, setting clear expectations and internal processes
* Minimum of 5 years business to business (B2B) salesexperience requiring outbound prospecting
* Minimum of 3 years direct sales management experience of a professional sales team
* Demonstrated success in managing a sales process to small/medium businesses (SMBs)
* Demonstrated success in behavioral interviewing, hiring, and building sales teams
* Demonstrated knowledge in solution based selling techniques
* Experience with selling advertising/marketingpreferred
* Unquestioned integrity & commitment to team objectives
* Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills including presentation skills
* Interest in a high growth company with opportunities for advancement in the future
* Ability to work remotely, learn quickly, and adapt to shifting priorities