VP of Tax 9/2/2016
Fidato Partners, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Fidato Partners is currently conducting a search for a VP of Tax & Treasury for our Global Manufacturing Client located in Allentown, Pa.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The VP, Global Tax and Treasury directs and manages all global tax and treasury matters across the organization.
Tax responsibilities include all global tax planning, transfer pricing, and compliance activities. The VP is responsible for delivering improved tax performance through individual contribution and management of third party service providers. He/she is responsible for obtaining a comprehensive understanding of Company operations and strategy and the subsequent development of an integrated tax plan that will reduce the Company's effective global tax rate.
Treasury responsibilities include the daily cash (liquidity) position of the company and supervising daily cash operations. In addition to day-to-day cash procedures, the VP, Global Tax and Treasury is responsible for analyzing the current cash management and forecasting strategies of the Company and creating, developing, and implementing improved plans. He/she is required to have a staff management competency and a high level of financial theory and practice in order to build upon and expand current cash practices.
* Lead highly sophisticated federal, state, and international tax planning projects, identifying highly complex, multi-jurisdictional tax issues and opportunities
* Serve as a critical senior management team member and advisor for proposed transactions, synthesizing multi-jurisdictional advice into a comprehensive solution based on inputs from outside advisors and knowledge of the organization, as well as impacts of domestic and international income tax legislative developments
* Provide senior leadership and governance to the quarterly tax accounting provision process for international and U.S. operations under ASC 740 in accordance with a COSO Framework or Sarbanes-Oxley 404 on a quarterly basis, including the knowledge of federal and state R coordinate with business units, Treasury, Legal, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Supply Chain, and other Corporate functions along with communication with executives at all levels at the Company; present to Audit Committee and/or Board as required
* Provide expertise in domestic and international corporate income tax, transfer pricing, tax treaties and anti-avoidance and assist with tax dispute resolution
* Manage the international and U.S. compliance reporting related to foreign entities to ensure all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely.
* Manage the domestic and international tax of the Company's IRS audits.
* Review scope of audit with IRS agents if necessary, manage IDR responses, identify issues and resolutions favorable to the company, and negotiate with agents to resolve issues.
* Management of domestic and foreign tax audits, especially on issues related to cross-border transactions. Determine areas of tax exposure and manage risks associated with these tax audits, keeping senior management apprised of potential liability, and ensuring that reserves are adequate.
* Ensure adequate segregation of duties for treasury activities and develop Sox level compliance standards
* Evaluate bank products and services; collaborate with Controller in fee negotiations
* Develop daily and short-term cash flow forecast for efficient cash management
* Maintain bank accounts and manage opening/closing bank accounts; manage updating account signatories
* Lead the creation, design, development, and execution of corporate cash management strategies with regard to: a. efficiency of cash receipts and disbursements operations b. banking systems c. banking services pricing and compensation
* Execute foreign exchange hedging contracts, if needed, and assist in the analysis of companywide foreign exchange exposure and management strategies
* Perform other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required Master's Degree in Taxation preferred
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in accounting, finance and/or corporate treasury required Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
Skills/Competencies: Demonstrated ability to comply with GAAP and SOX requirements on a consistent basis Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and globally Strong prioritization and planning skills Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills Ability to maintain organized and detailed records supporting analysis Strong written and verbal communication skills Demonstrated ability to multitask, balance priorities and make self-directed decisions Strong teamwork/leadership skills promoting a positive team-based environment Proven ability to identify issues and make recommendations to improve process/procedure to correct the root cause Ability to function in a fast-paced, process-based, customer-focused environment Ability to effectively interact with all levels within and outside of the organization in a professional manner