VP or SVP Commercial Relationship Banker 8/11/2016
Financial Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VP OR SVP COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIP BANKER - CO - #2320
A full service $7B+ financial institution in Denver, CO is seeking a VP or SVP Commercial Relationship Banker IV to support the Bank's mission through effective sales and service, targeted business development efforts and community involvement. A Commercial Relationship Banker IV seeks profitable and sound loan opportunities while managing/growing a portfolio of existing loans. Additional responsibilities include developing and managing commercial banking relationships in accordance with the Bank's core values and prescribed sales process.
KEY DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops and maintains commercial banking credit and treasury management relationships through community involvement and building and maintaining business networks. Assists in the facilitation to prospecting customers and participates in creative solutions to meet their needs.
* Assists in the development of structures and negotiation of loans and/or agreements to include the terms, pricing, special conditions, and interest rates for commercial accounts. Prepares appropriate documents and ensures adherence with banking policies and guidelines. Assists in the facilitation to the loan committee or approving officer, and oversees the loan documentation and closing process.
* Manage portfolio by monitoring financial statements, covenants, borrowing bases, maturing loans, and past dues to ensure that credit facilities are properly risk-rated and that the Bank responds to the risk in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Strengthens and manages existing account relationships and loanportfolios through monitoring of financial statements, covenants, borrowing bases, maturing loans, and past dues to ensure that risk is properly evaluated and managed in an appropriate and timely manner to ensure profitable growth of the account.
* Provide support in the management of complex loanportfolios.
* Ensures compliance with commercial banking policies and practices, and regulatory statutes.
* Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customer's needs.
* Collaborates and coordinates with internal and external business partners to ensure banking products and services are provided in a timely manner and support the profitable growth of the relationship.
* Comply with all related Federal, State and industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
* This position requires up to 33%travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
* Other duties as may be assigned.
WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
* BSdegree in Finance or Business related field
* 3 - 5 years of knowledge / experience in Commercial Bankingloans, deposits, lending techniques and practices.
* Strong knowledge of banking products and services.
* Business development, relationship management and lead generation skills.
* Strong organizational, problem solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* Ability to manage risk for moderate loan size and complexity.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data and formulate sound business decisions.