- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
VSC (Virtual Solutions Consultant) Team Engineer
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
We have a great opportunity for a Virtual Solution Consultant (VSC) to join our team. The Virtual Solutions Consultant is a pre-sales network design role which is primarily tasked with providing technical assistance to the existing team of Senior Solutions Architects as well as Presidio's Sales organization. This includes various activities that will be overseen by an existing Senior Architect such as:
* Assisting on customer calls qualifying the technical aspect of an opportunity
* Generating bills of materials (BOMs)
* Creating Network Design diagrams in Visio
* Generating Service Requests
This position is a great opportunity to use and broaden your domain expertise and to collaborate with best- in-class engineers, SMEs and Senior Architects that are passionate about delivering quality product solutions.
This position reports to the Manager of the Virtual Solutions Center and can be located virtually or in one of our offices in NYC, Stamford, CT, Hauppauge, (LI), NY or Iselin, NJ.
Specific Responsibilities include:
* Provide research assistance to the sales team in the following areas of expertise:
* Cisco Core Routing and Switching
* Cisco Unified Communications
* Cisco Security
* Cisco Wireless
* Creating Bill of Materials within a given SLA period
* Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
* Collaborate with clients to gather existing technical architecture and fill out customer survey documentation.
* Work with the Presidio sales team to develop customer relationships while contributing to the overall sales process.
* Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record and strong knowledge of Cisco Core Routing and Switching technology.
* Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
* 3-5+ years' experience in similar fields. Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical, planning, and process development skills, strong business judgment, and high level of initiative are all required.
* Demonstrate ability to rapidly gain knowledge and understanding of new areas of technology and products. Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize and reprioritize deliverables, and to respond to unexpected changes is required.
* The candidate is expected to be a life- long learner that demonstrates a passion for remaining at the leading edge of their craft through self-directed continuing education
* Familiarity with Cisco Commerce Workspace and Cisco Support Community forums.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products including Visio.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Sciences or other technical major required. Experience in lieu of degree can be considered.
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.
Presidio Networked Solutions is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700.