Validation and Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Murray Hill, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NOKIA IS A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE TECHNOLOGIES THAT CONNECT PEOPLE AND THINGS. WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES FOR ANY TYPE OF NETWORK, NOKIA IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED TO HELP COMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDERS, GOVERNMENTS, AND LARGE ENTERPRISES DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF 5G, THE CLOUD AND THE INTERNET OF THINGS. SERVING CUSTOMERS IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES, OUR RESEARCH SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS CONTINUE TO INVENT AND ACCELERATE NEW TECHNOLOGIES THAT WILL INCREASINGLY TRANSFORM THE WAY PEOPLE AND THINGS COMMUNICATE AND CONNECT.
Candidate is needed for the Solution Validation (SV) program, which is located in Murray Hill, NJ. The SV program is part of the Solutions & Partners Business Unit in Applications & Analytics (A&A) Business Group for Nokia. The positions are in the area of End-to-End Network Integration and Solution Validation Testing. Range of duties includes the integration and on-boarding of virtual SDN and NFV components using Nokia Cloudband and Nuage product lines.
The position requires someone wiht skill set encompassing a number of areas such as: Linux (highly desirable), experience with OpenStack and Cloud-based platforms (a plus). Backgroudn in customer experieince, operations, networking, applications such as VoLTE/IMS (desirable).
The above combined with a "hacking" mindset and the ability to debug comlex issus will be needed, familiarity with tools such as wireshark, tshare, tcpdump, snoop, etc. to troubleshoot would prove helpful.
Although not specificiallys required, previous experience working within a LAMP's model would prove to be invaluable in this dynamic "Agile" start-up environment.
The testing will focus on functional, operational, and performance scenarios that would not be typically covered by Product Unit pair-wise testing BUT rather at the End-to-End Network Soltuion level. This position may require very limited travel from time to time.
MISSION: Lead and perform E2E Solution Validation testing for Nokia's Customer's and Product Unit's.
* Platform integrator and network integrator of complex end-to-end Solutions in the lab (SV).
* Installation, configuration, and integration of Nokia Components in an end-to-end solution.
* Inter-operability testing (IOT) of CPE devices with the End-to-End Network Solution.
* Test Plan development, Test Plan Exectuion, and Test Resutls documentation.
* Creation and Validation of Soltuion Validation Documents (SVDs) in the lab (SV) opening and floow through to closure.
KEY DIFFERENTIATORS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (*):
* Ability to work with Nokia multi-element products and platforms, allows for a wide diversity of hands-on topical experience.
* Opportunity to particiapt and lead solution teams interfacing with multi-internal organizations, delivery organizations and external customers.
* Provides the ability to grow ones competencies across a wide range of prospective technical innovations and business challenges.
As the job position requires End-to-End solution Integration and test expertise, the candidate must possess in-depth and comprehensive knowledge on at least one of the following technologies, including a minimum of 5 years of technical experience:
* Hands-on LINUX knowledge and scripting experience
* Good understanding of Nokia's CloudBand Platform and/or OpenStack Platform and Cloud Computing (highly desirable),
* Service and network orchestration experience (a plus),
* Willingness and an ability to learn new products, including 3rd party products,
* Layer2/Layer3 Data Networking (highly desirable),
* Good understanding of the IP/MPLS (desirable),
* IMS-based networks (desirable),
* Detailed understanding and knowledge of SIP, H.248, IMS interfaces,
* Wireless 3G/4G networks (desirable)
* Good communication skills.
Specific additional information:
* Senior level testing engineer
* Bachelor / Master's in Computer or Electrical Engineer
* Language skills: English
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.