Value Stream Coordinator - Manufacturing 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are assisting our client, a manufacturer of wire and cable for the communications and electrical markets, with a search for a Value Stream Coordinator.
The Value Stream Coordinator will report to the Manufacturing Manager, this position is responsible for leadership and coordination of all activities within their value stream(s). The position requires a strong ability to coach and mentor teams while assuring the efficient utilization of a talented workforce and equipment. The position is a coach to associates to coordinate production to meet safety, workflow scheduling, material handling, quality, and maintenance as necessary to ensure continuous production. Each associate is required to demonstrate personal commitment to the standards set forth in The Company Code of Ethics and Compliance Guidelines and use sound judgment in maintaining appropriate compliance procedures and in carrying out their duties with honesty. The shift schedule will need to be flexible to allow adequate time with both day and night shifts. It will be required that the VSC' s present at morning shift change meetings. The end goal is to develop high performing, self-directed work teams within your Value Stream(s).
Associates that desire the position of Value Stream Coach must be able to present anecdotal evidence that they possess the following characteristics:
* Ability to empower associates to raise the bar(examples in the following areas):
* Safety Practices
* Shift Handoffs
* Cell Performance (Quality, Output, etc.)
* Initiative and ability to successfully utilize change management principles to develop the Company culture into an Operator Led environment
* Ability and passion to run their Value Stream business.
* Quick, but accurate analytical judgment
* Ability to commit time required to ensure operation concerns are addressed when plant operations are active.
* Consistently address performance issues with teams and individuals.
* Strong communication, relationship, leadership, problem solving, and skills enhancement to coach and create high performing work teams.
* Strong understanding of the teams' strengths, weaknesses, ambitions, and personalities. Coach associates for effectiveness, efficiency, and performance safety practices, utilizing Lean principles to reduce scrap, usage and waste based upon this knowledge. Evaluates process and work performance on each employee and coaches for improvement as necessary.
* Leads, yet eventually hands off leadership of daily production meetings with Value Stream associates.
* Champion for Company and a game changer. Always looking for ways to continually improve the team.
* Must have achieved the level of Coach in the Company LDP.
* Strong understanding of business requirements for the Value Stream and computing skills in Microsoft Office applications to communicate this knowledge on all levels of the organization.
* Coordinates the activities of the star points for Safety, Quality, Production, Materials, and HR.
* Coaches safety star point to ensure Near Miss and Accident reporting is properly completed.
* Coaches associates to plan work and production for the shift using thorough, up - to-date knowledge of the processes and the equipment.
* Coaches Technical Liaison to solve technical issues within the cell.
* Utilize/Coach shift leader to make necessary decisions with regards to safety, workflow scheduling, material handling, quality, and maintenance.
* Engages in regular two way problem solving, uses data analysis to identify improvement opportunities, and teaches associates how to utilize controls to make better decisions.
* A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a high performance manufacturing environment
* Able to understand, communicate and improve key performance metrics
* Must have good attention to details, but be able to manage the plant and customer expectations
* Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis
* Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement
* Critical thinker, with strong analytical abilities
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Solid planning , leadership , and administrative skills
* High energy, demonstrates urgency and fast pace
* Good understanding of business principles and practices; can manage the manufacturing function to a bottom line result
* 5-7 years of previous experience in Value Stream implementation and coaching.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business is preferred