Value Stream Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Value Stream Manager (VSM) is responsible for providing leadership and systems to efficiently operate all production, as well as provide support towards corporate initiatives. In this role, the VSM will work toward continuously improving all processes focusing on the elimination of non-value add operations and waste in the supply chain while working with other departments as necessary to support these goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Ensure that the plant has a strategy and roadmap leading to the achievement of lean processes and lean operating practices.
* Demonstrate understanding, enthusiasm and passion for what can accomplish and visibly promote this at all levels in the group
* Act as a change agent to ensure lean processes are deployed in improvements
* Coach and develop Group Leaders and Team Leaders to become business leaders.
* Facilitate the identification, selection, prioritization and assignment of projects with an emphasis on those that have breakthrough potential.
* Lead the application of appropriate project planning tools to improve processes, eliminate waste, and reduce cycle time.
* Ensure Group Leaders and Team Leaders connect projects and methodology to the strategies of the global business unit.
* Identify, establish, and deliver measurable processes for continuous improvement and regularly evaluate success.
* Lead and/or directly influence cross-business strategic initiatives, growth projects, improvement initiatives, and similar high impact projects.
* Schedule reviews of projects and progress with Plant Managers.
* Drive the ongoing institutionalization of solutions for assessing performance in alignment with customer and financial goals.
* Audit the system in the plant on a regular basis
* Be responsible and accountable for project executions from inception to completion, including communication of results and verification.
* Work together with Director of Operations, Plant Management and the corporate group to achieve optimum results and consistency in each plant.
* Manages the activities of Production Staff and all Business Unit production employees.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree (or graduate level) in Engineering/ related technical field and
* Minimum of 5 years business experience as an Operations Manager
* Experience in one or more project leadership role(s).
* Lean Certification is preferred, however, not required.
* Knowledge of Toyota Production Systempreferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Experience in working with MRP and other inventory systems.
* Competent in working with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, MPCS and PowerPoint
* Thorough understanding of throughput production methods.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Understanding and experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Methods
* DuPont STOP
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Conflict resolution
* Frequently required to stand and/or walk, bend, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
* Time split between plant and office environment
* The employee is occasionally required to sit.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 20 or more pounds.
* The position requires the ability to maintain a professional attitude in a fast paced environment.
* Moderate noise level in the plant.
* This position will perform work in both the plant and office environment with unrestricted movement.
* Some travel as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. All job functions are subject to modification.