Value Stream Manager- 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
Job Summary: Under minimal supervision, executes and delivers on strategies for the Value stream activities including but not limited to operations, profit and loss, continuous flow, material movement, LE (Lean Enterprise) basic thinking with focus on quality, delivery, customer interface, continuous improvement, cost, inventory and EHS to meet customer expectations at GKN Aerospace Newington, LLC (GANE). Key Responsibilities
* Leads the team by example in all HSE related initiatives and events.
* Leads and influences all elements of the Value Stream (material, manpower, machines, etc.) from material inputs to parts shipments, to effect maximum level of productivity, quality and on-time delivery of product.
* Develops/inputs the manpower loading, capacity plan, inventory management and delivery commitment based on the long and short-term goals of the operations activities set forth from 1st shift.
* Responsible for working/communicating with 1st shift VSM s to assure schedule consciousness and appropriate workflow through the shop to ensure meeting external customer demands.
* Responsible for understanding and assisting with implementation of the current year s VS annual plan and financial results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to attain achievement of sales and profit plans.
* Directs the manufacture of products at the lowest possible cost with the highest quality.
* Monitors, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of operations to ensure that all VS objectives are met in support of the company s vision and corrective actions are taken as required.
* Plans, organizes and implements lean manufacturing principles in the VS reducing operational costs and improving customer satisfaction.
* Develops a high performance team by supervising Operational and Technical staff to include, but not limited to, hiring, counseling and corrective action including termination, training, performance evaluations and engagement, development and ensuring policies are consistently applied.
* Works with 1st shift VSM s to identify work priorities, plan daily work and overtime needs; Schedules employees to meet planning needs.
* Provides training and technical / informational guidance to team members such as machine set-ups; check set-ups, first piece after set-ups and adjustments to set-ups.
* Ensures adherence to standard operating procedures, correct use of inspection equipment, tooling, preventive maintenance, and safety procedures.
* Directs and co-ordinates training programs including on-boarding of new staff with HR to ensure proper documentation, scheduling and follow-up occurs.
* Serves as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of safety, environmental stewardship, simplification, standard work, process improvements and lean principles.
* Keeps management and 1st shift VSM s informed on all matters related to the VS.
* Liaison to other departments to ensure production-related matters are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
* Responsible for Facility opening and closing including setting the alarm system.
* All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Required GANE Core Competencies & Behaviors:
* Business Understanding
* Quality Advocate
Leadership Pipeline Competencies: Leading People
* Customer focus
* Managing diversity
* Priority setting
* Developing direct reports & others
* Integrity & trust
* Fairness to direct reports
* Directing others
* Learning on the fly
* Self development
Required Specific Competencies/Skills:
* Proficient in knowledge of manufacturing and quality principles.
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and communication skills. Ability to communicate well in English (both written and orally), with the ability to motivate, develop, and train personnel.
* Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with SAP or other MRP system preferred.
* Ability to demonstrate problem solving, manufacturing practice applications (e.g. SPC, Flow Charts, standardize work, KAIZEN, etc.).
* Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships, building cooperation among group to achieve group goals and objectives.
* Ability to establish and maintain a work ethic that serves as a role model for values throughout the organization.
* Ability to confront problems and resolve conflicts or facilitate resolution.
* Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization.
Required Minimum Education:
* 4 year degree in relevant engineering or business, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree in business or finance/accounting desirable.
* Formal management training a plus.
Required Minimum Experience:
* 5+ years experience in manufacturing machine shop environment with proven technical competency in machining operations to provide technical support for manual and CNC multi-axis equipment, milling and turning operations.
* Experience supervising others, with proven ability to demonstrate sound leadership skills.
* Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
* Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
GKN Aerospace Newington, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)