Vehicle Assembly Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONGP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com .
VEHICLE ASSEMBLY PROCESS ENGINEER
* Research engineering information to develop assembly plant processes and/or tools on vehicle electrical systems for future production
* Develop and verify Automated Manufacturing Planning System (AMPS) sheetsdata
* Perform vehicle electrical configuration and integrity testing process design and verification duties.
* Interact with various types of electrical testing equipment to determine functionality and report back any changes to hardware or software
* Identify training requirements for plant personnel
* Develop training materials pertaining to product technology, assembly and certification processes
* Monitor plant quality and throughput metrics as a means of identifying plant support and training needs and issues.
* Act as a technical lead and liaison between engineering and plant personnel. Provide the expertise to resolve engineering, product, and production issues during all phases of product launch and production.
* Provide input to client regarding training requirements for a particular vehicle, system or launch.
* Work as part of a cross functional team consisting of engineering and manufacturing personnel
* Deliver training to production employees on site at client's manufacturing facilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of Automotive Vehicle System Operation, Diagnostics, and Repair (Electrical and Mechanical)
* Knowledge of vehicle communications systems (CAN/LIN/K-Line), sensors, and electronic controls
* Automotive Electrical diagnostic tool usage (Scan tool, DVOM, Scopes, CANalyzer tools, etc.)
* Vehicle Electrical Configuration/Vehicle Electrical Integrity System
* End Of Line (EOL) Testing Equipment and Procedures
* Equipment Design/Operation/Troubleshooting
* Module Flash/Programming Familiarity
* Drive Vehicle Test (DVT) process familiarity
* Problem solving manufacturing issues related to production design / documentation
* Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Project)
* Familiar with wireless communication systems
* Able to work in cross-functional & cross-cultural environment
* ASE Certification
* Ability to travel to and work in international locations
* Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Experience: 5
The ideal candidate will have a background in automotive vehicle electrical system configuration, operation, testing and diagnostics in an assembly plant setting. The candidate would be familiar with the following areas of the automotive assembly plant manufacturing engineering assembly and testing processes:
* Engine/Chassis/Body Wiring
* Electronic Module/Device
* Drive Vehicle Test (DVT) or Roll Test
* Vehicle and Engine Emissions Systems
* Electrical System Configuration and End of Line (EOL) Integrity Test
* Supplemental Restraints Assembly Manufacturing Process Sheets (AMPS) design for the aforementioned areas would be required. Vehicle electrical configuration and integrity testing process design and verification duties. Electrical testing equipment interaction required.
Physical Requirements: The selected candidate will be based onsite at our customer's Auburn Hills location. International travel (approximately 50% annually) to manufacturing facilities throughout the World is compulsory. Physical requirements of the job include walking and standing for extended periods, bending, squatting, twisting and moving equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
Required Travel: 50%
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.