Vehicle Service Technician- Buffalo, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 86872
POSITION TITLE: Vehicle Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Support Services Supervision LOCATION: Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Vehicle Service Technician (VST) is responsible for ensuring that all
ambulances are response ready for the field crews coming in for their shift
assignment, with the goal of reducing down time and increasing the quality and delivery
of our services to the crews and our patients. The delivered product is a clean vehicle
inside and outside with well stocked shelves and functioning equipment. It is important
that the product produced is maintained to the highest standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Vehicle inventory check/control of supplies and equipment.
* Clean ambulances inside and outside.
* Restock ambulance supplies daily.
* Ensure deep cycling of monitor batteries as required
* Mechanical check vehicles, fluid, window washer fluid.
* Ensure the workspace is clean and organized.
* Requisition supplies for replacement.
* Inform Supervisor of breakdowns and cause of equipment failure for repair.
* Inform fleet maintenance of breakdowns and cause/reallocate ambulance to crew
and keep accurate log.
* Document condition of ambulance turned in and schedule ambulance preparedness for shift personnel.
* Update crew in service information on computer for equipment tracking
* Must be professional and appropriately dressed at all times.
* Respond to daily phone inquiries from crews to help facilitate coordination between departments.
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NONE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties required.
High school diploma or GED. Possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle
Record. Possess a valid California Driver's License. Basic Knowledge of Micro Soft
Office. Ability to work under time constraints. Effective oral, written and interpersonal
communication skills. Effective interpersonal skills.
Occasionally: Smelling, lifting 70 lbs., kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility,
multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple
equipment while pushing on gurney, driving ambulance.
Frequently: Reading, walking inside, visual inspection.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, pushing, pulling,
reaching, and sitting.
Frequently: Analyzing, decision making
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, high math and writing skills, clerical,
memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple math skills,
Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue, patient care
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, intense tasks, busy environment.
Constantly: High pressure.
Occasionally: Wheelchair, telephone, vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment, protective
devices, protective clothing, IV supplies, gurney, maps, terminal, facsimile,
computer/typewriter, keyboard, stapler, 3 hole punch, sharpener, calculator,
Frequently: Telephone, pager, cell phone.
Occasionally: Works alone, inside, confined areas noise other hazardous conditions
(human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue, and asbestos), electrical equipment, and extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact with others, and works inside.
AMR is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.