Vendor Liaison 8/14/2016
Public Health Solutions
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROGRAM OVERVIEWPublic Health Solutions is a nonprofit organization that develops, implements and advocates dynamic solutions to prevent disease and improve community health. We conduct comprehensive research providing insight on public health issues, create and manage community health programs, and provide services to organizations to address public health challenges. Programs of Public Health Solutions address critical public health needs such as maternal and child health, nutrition, access to health insurance, HIV prevention and care, and smoking cessation. For government agencies, nonprofit organizations and others, Public Health Solutions provides services to enable them to enhance their effectiveness and strengthen their capacity to have an impact and efficiently manage funds. Our roots are in scientific research. We were founded in 1957 under the name Medical and Health Research Association of New York City to enable the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and other organizations to conduct health research to inform their work. Over the years, we saw an opportunity and a need to build upon this foundation of rigorous scientific research to link research and practice in dynamic ways to improve the health of communities. Today, as Public Health Solutions, we use research wherever we can to help illuminate critical public health issues and to design, implement and assess effective methods for preventing disease and improving health in New York City and beyond.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND POSITION SUMMARY:
WIC Vendor Management, a program of Public Health Solutions, ensures that food and infant formula purchased with WIC Program food checks are appropriately stocked and fairly priced by the more than 1,800 grocery stores and pharmacies with which it contracts on behalf of the NYS Health Department. It provides training to these vendors every 12 months and conducts periodic site inspections. WIC Vendor Management seeks a Vendor Liaison to process, reauthorize, review, monitor, and train vendors along with maintaining the WICSIS database
SPECIFICALLY, THE VENDOR LIAISON WILL:
* Process new vendor applications to ensure adequate number of enrolled vendors for participant access.
* Conduct on-site monitoring visits to ensure vendor are in compliance with WIC program regulations.
* Review current vendor files for WIC Vendor contract compliance; monitor vendors on-site to ensure vendor compliance with WIC program regulations.
* Provide vendor training so vendors remain up to date on program changes.
* Process re-authorizations to ensure existing vendors remain on WIC program.
* Bachelor's degree and supermarket experience (preferred).
* Computer knowledge (Word, Access and Excel) and data entry experience.
* Ability to work with diverse groups.
* Ability to speak a second language (Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian preferred).
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Must be willing to use the Agency's company car and/ or mass transportation to travel to Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Orange, Rockland, Nassau and Suffolk Counties as needed.