Vertical Market Manager (Pubic) - Charleston SC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:This is a sales position with the primary responsibility for soliciting, selling and implementing Office Depot products and services to Public Sector accounts within a defined geography.
As the specialist dealing with the Public Sector, the VMM will apply specific knowledge of the public sector's needs, to develop new accounts and grow the business within existing Public Sector accounts.
The Vertical Market Manager will be responsible for attainment of an annual new business incremental sales goal, as well as growth of his/her existing account base, as outlined in the Vertical Market Manager Sales Incentive Compensation Plan.
This position will build business & customer relationships, regardless of the prospects' contractual status, by proactively creating an awareness and presence with non-Office Depot customers and insuring that prospective customers are familiarized with Office Depot's expertise in meeting the specific needs of the Public Sector segment.
Qualifications:- This position requires a High School Diploma and 7 - 10 years of experience in outside sales.
- A thorough grasp of professional and consultative selling skills to include a history of successful contract negotiations. The close cycle may require multiple calls over many months.
- A demonstrated working understanding of buying process in Public Sector accounts and the customer relationship process.
- Demonstrated record of mid to senior level customer contacts, preferably within the Public Sector.
- Professional and consultative selling skills to include some contract negotiations.
- Fluid organization agility (the ability to quickly learn, understand and navigate an organization at the upper to lower levels.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation) skills and be able to present complex business plans and topics (pricing or service strategies).
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .