Vice President, Accounting - Medical Center Administration (DIR EXEC) 9/2/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Vice President, Accounting - Medical Center Administration (DIR EXEC)
40 ; 100%
Medical Cntr Admin
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The final salary grade is subject to confirmation by the UCSF Senior Leadership Compensation Group, UCSF Compensation Committee and Chancellor.
UCSF Health brings clinical service capabilities into a unified management structure and single operating unit, achieving strategic, operational and financial alignment between the School of Medicine, Medical Group and the Medical Center as well as provider affiliates. Its structure streamlines decision making, strengthens the ability to act with one voice, and ensures accountability at every point to execute collectively agreed upon commitment to excellence and efficiency. UCSF Health s 2020 vision is to provide innovative, high-quality, cost-competitive clinical services, and deliver an unparalleled patient experience across the entire care continuum.
Under the direction of the SVP of Finance, the VP of Accounting guards the financial stewardship of UCSF Health by managing, developing, and monitoring financial and internal controls for all system legal entities. This position is responsible for all aspects of UCSF Health accounting and financial reporting including regulatory compliance with accounting standards and practices for a multi-entity system. This role ensures the financial information for the organization is timely and accurate by establishing policies and procedures that can be implemented and tracked throughout the accounting process. The VP of Accounting directs general accounting, accounts payable and all tax and governmental financial reporting activities, including the annual auditing process. The VP also supports other UCSF Health departments on financial issues and provides education to department managers related to accounting policies and procedures. The position works with SVP Finance & CFO to develop financial strategies for UCSF Health. Direct reports include the Controller for Adult Services and Benioff Children s Hospital s San Francisco campus and the Controller for the BCH Oakland campus. Under the UCSF and Children s Hospital Oakland affiliation, the Oakland campus will remain a separately licensed hospital with UCSF providing management services to it.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
LIVING PRIDE STANDARDS
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
* Master s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
* Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position
* Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
* Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
* Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
* Experience in Government contracts
* Small and large project/program orientation
* Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.