Vice President, Consumer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWeber Shandwick is a leading global public relations & and marketing agency with offices in 81 countries. The firms diverse team of thinkers, strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers, and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work, including being honored as a 2014 and 2015 Ad Age A-List Agency, The Holmes Reports 2014 and 2015 Global Agency of the Year, and the PR Week 2015 and 2016 Global Agency of the Year. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Engaging, Always, sums up how we at Weber Shandwick think, collaborate and deliver. We know that the strength of our work and the satisfaction of our clients are directly tied to the rich thinking, intellect, imagination, commitment, passion and work ethic of our colleagues. We thrive as a business because our work is anchored in strategy and centered in ideas.
Weber Shandwick's New York office is currently seeking a VICE PRESIDENT to drive earned media strategy and execute storytelling initiatives for Chevrolet. The candidate must maintain a thorough understanding of our client's products and industry and translate that knowledge into effective communications strategies. This role demands a results-oriented and innovative thinker able to develop and own earned media campaigns. The position is responsible for trend spotting and staying on top of consumer behaviors, ensuring that our clients messaging reaches and engages target audiences. The candidate must be a proactive and critical thinker, comfortable with leading client teams and managing a dedicated account and creative team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This person must also be a collaborator, experienced with leading creative, analytics and digital teams in a coordinated effort for maximum efficiency and results.
* Develop a deep understanding of the clients needs and priorities
* Contribute to the development of long-term media strategy for clients
* Develop and execute earned media solutions that meet program objectives
* Work seamlessly with internal and external teams to effectively leverage resources
* Liaise and coordinate efforts with clients marketing team and agency to deliver consistency and maximize return
* Present creative and relevant opportunities in client settings
* Ability to work directly with clients and on integrated agency teams to develop strong ongoing and cross-functional relationships
* Review and direct work to ensure all tactics and creative are on strategy, on budget, and delivered with high quality
* Develop and maintain extremely strong interpersonal relationship with senior clients
* Maintain ongoing communication with clients on a daily basis
* Develop quality standards and ensure client satisfaction
* Address any issues, trouble shoot problems and provide strategic counsel
* Proactively handle client problems and issues quickly and adeptly
* Demonstrate knowledge of top-tier traditional and digital outlets with strong social followings
* Have deep expertise in consumer, technology and broadcast media strategy, ideally hold personal relationships with influential media
* Have the ability to work well in a large and matrixed agency and client organization
* Provide leadership, direction and guidance to account and creative teams
* Develop and coach account teams for peak performance
* Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
* Mentor individuals so that they are able to achieve their professional goals
* Ensure quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations
* Attend account reviews and staff meetings - provide ongoing communications and feedback
9 years related professional experience, automotive experience a plus