Vice President, Customer Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description (Role Profile)
VP Customer Care
Job Description (Role Profile)
The VP of Customer Care sets the overall vision, strategy and tactical plans for the Customer Care organization and is responsible for building and scaling an integrated Customer Care organization that includes Avid direct staff in countries local to our major customers; direct staff in Global Supports Centers based in Manila, Philippines and Sczcecin, Poland; Avid Resellers that provide frontline support to the customers they sell to; and outsourced service support partners (Global Extended Support Centers, or GESCs) . This role is responsible for leading the global support teams that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty and as a leader within Avid Global Services, is responsible for driving Speed, Flexibility and improved Return on Investment to our customers through services delivered via Customer Care.
* Direct management of Avid s support function for customers following the successful post-installation turnover from Professional Services to Customer Care including first and second line case handling agents; systems engineering; product champions; field service; and partner technical training
* Drive improved supportability, installability, and modification of Avid s products to improve serviceability; and anticipates, develops and implements plans to address the future technical needs of the organization.
* Develops and executes the Customer Support (licensing, registration, activation) and Technical Support programs for all company products and third party connectivity of Alliance products sold through Avid. Support includes cases managed through traditional telephony, web cases, portal cases, customer chat, and other methods within dedicated customer support centers.
* Oversees work with engineering to validate and test product defects, features and enhancements for customer workflows.
* Identifies and implements customer support tools and whitepapers that reduce the amount of work our customers and our support teams spend reactively responding to issues.
* Ensures that a highly technical and qualified support staff is available for proactive and reactive case handling and are publishing known issue and other helpful information to the knowledgebase and other self service vehicles
* Designs technical service programs for customer offerings and negotiates customized technical support agreements.
* Engages regularly with customers via strategic and operational reviews to evaluate Customer satisfaction, needs and strategic direction.
* Through analysis and metrics of case volumes, history and patterns:
* identifies root causes of issues to drive change to process, documentation or product that result in a reduction of inbound case volume.
* manages rapid and effective case management and closure among employee teams and third party service providers.
* Develops an effective support infrastructure (processes, knowledgebase, self-service tools, etc.) that is responsive and supportive of the Reseller ecosystem and other Avid organizations including Professional Services that rely heavily on Support.
* Identifies, introduces and manages content for innovative customer self-serve capabilities to provide faster resolution to customer issues and reduce overall support costs.
* Drives effective and timely escalation and communication within all Avid organizations to expedite awareness and resolution of open cases or escalated accounts.
* Fosters strong, clear and effective customer communications during case management and escalation.
* Provides product leadership for Support Packages and focus on products that are simple to understand and sell that provide clear differentiated features, pricing, positioning/marketing, training partners and sales
* Serve as the escalation path for customer support issues and proactively follow-up with unsatisfied customers to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
* Establishes customer support forecast and financial needs; prepares and tracks annual budgets; and analyzes and reacts to spending variances
* Exudes a passion for continuous improvement with regard to operational support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools & technology to support efficiency gains.
Requirements * Bachelor s Degree in related field required plus minimum of ten years experience building and managing a Customer Support, Customer Success and/or technical support organization
* Proven ability to lead, motivate and focus a team and to develop individuals
* Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire people
* Experience managing large and globally distributed organizations
* Experience managing centers of excellence in locations that are remote to customer concentrations (i.e., Manila, Poland) and ensuring local staff and customers work effectively and seamlessly in this model
* Ability to drive customer renewals and customer success
* Ability to create a performance and metrics-focused culture
* In addition to meeting job qualifications, the candidate shares Avid s values and would thrive in our culture:
* Our Customer s Success - We enable our customers to more easily, efficiently and powerfully create value and succeed with solutions that address both their current and future needs.
* Performance Excellence, Everyday - We set a high performance standard for ourselves in everything that we do working collaboratively to do what is right over what is easy.
* Creative and Open Problem Solving - We seek unique and creative solutions to the challenges of our customers, and the industry overall,
in a smart, thoughtful, and open manner. * Energy and Effort in our Work Together - We demonstrate a strong work ethic in all that we do; undertaken with passion, a sense of urgency, and a commitment to the tasks we have in front of us.
* Personal and Collective Accountability - We accept responsibility in our decisions and actions toward common goals aligned with the needs of our business community.
* Finding Joy and Passion in All that We Do - We participate in the Joy we bring to our community with the knowledge that what we do makes life easier and more fulfilling to our customers.
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools , Media Composer , ISIS , Interplay , and Sibelius . Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar statuettes, a Grammy , and 14 Emmys .
Avid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.