Vice President Design and Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Vice President Design and Construction
Auto Req ID
In support of Adventist Health s Mission To share God's love by providing physical, mental and spiritual healing the Jones Lang LaSalle Project Design and Construction Director will be responsible for planning, programing, defining and executing all capital/expense projects for new construction and renovation within the (4) State Adventist Health Real Estate Portfolio. The Director will function as the Account s construction representative with developers, architects, consultants, contractors and governmental agencies for all assigned projects while also ensuring projects meet/exceed budget requirements, are completed on schedule and are compliant with all program objectives and all regulatory agencies.
* Cultivates and maintains a positive working relationship with all client representatives and service providers. This includes but is not limited to Physicians, Nursing Staff, Program Managers, Business Unit Managers, Facilities, EH&S and Security.
* Provides leadership and supervision to assigned consultants contractors.
* Implements quality control measures to ensure project compliance with department, hospital policies/protocols, government codes and regulations
* Maintains routine communications internally/externally ensuring that all project participants are informed of project status, problems and required actions.
* Manages the Project review and approval process to ensure appropriate approvals of all design work from schematic studies through final construction documents and related field changes
* Develops accurate and complete change orders and works to close change orders within 90 calendar days. Verifies that request for payments, claims and scope changes are accurate, justified and/or compliant.
* Manages the selection process and contract negotiations for consultants, contractors and vendors for all projects in scope.
* For CA initiatives assumes responsibility for all OSHPD forms/documents to include but not limited to: plan review applications, fees, permits, test and inspection forms, verifying reports and substantial completion forms.
* Participates/consults with appropriate parties in the areas of furnishings and equipment review/selection.
* Complies with hospital guidelines and standards and all appropriate government codes and regulations.
* Ensures project compliance with regard to Joint Commission interim life safety standards.
* Ensures project compliance with hospital infection control committee/safety committee policies and procedures.
* Maintains accurate, coherent, timely and auditable project records/files in accordance with Jones Lang LaSalle procedures
* Assesses and documents the project scope and program, describing the objectives, physical requirements, parameters, and constraints of the project, including not only the user's functional needs but also hospital and external jurisdictional criteria for health and safety, operation, maintenance, energy efficiency, quality standards, contextual issues, aesthetics, etc.
* Accountable for ensuring proper training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
* Demonstrates proficiency in the use and application of all Jones Lang LaSalle PDS technology (OneView Projects/OVP)
* Upon approval of Capital/Expense projects(s) develop project specific client driven goals, schedules, budgets and detailed assumptions.
* Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria that meet/exceeds client needs.
* Guide the client and team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff.
* Develop and Prepare various RFP s needed for vendor and contractor services.
* Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Account Director
* Facilitate the development and training and of Jones Lang LaSalle team members in PM skills and a general understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices.
* Creates a safe work environment for staff by ensuring adherence to all safety/infection control policies and procedures/practices to include but not limited to the wearing of appropriate protective clothing and gear and the proper handling of contaminated equipment and tools
* Conducts performance appraisals, maintains time and attendance records and handles disciplinary problems for all Regional staff. (IPMP)
* Ensures accurate management of all accounts receivables to maintaining a level not to exceed the established working capital charge as set forth by the Account Finance Director and Account Director.
* Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
* Provides timely and accurate project documentation and reporting including but not limited to: Project Meeting Minutes, drafting of Project Work Orders, Project Purchase Orders, Service Contracts and Change Orders, receipt and verification of appropriate Vendor Insurance Certificates, execution of Project Status Updates, and executing Vendor Close-Out Letters.
* Bachelor's degree in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field required
* 7 years of experience in capital planning and project management, with an emphasis on healthcare required
* Preferred experience in renovation and construction programs at a large complex Medical Center
* Working knowledge of all associated/required California Administrative Codes
* Working knowledge of protocols/processes associated with the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) in California.
* Working knowledge of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation
* Working Knowledge of the Joint Commission Environment of Care Standards.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients
* Previous experience supervising, training, mentoring and evaluating multiple project managers in a distributed portfolio
* Ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to Budgeting, Scheduling, Submittals, Change orders
* Demonstrated high level of performance in project budgeting, contract negotiations and scheduling
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Project software
* Working knowledge of Jones Lang LaSalle OneView Projects preferred.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43677BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372