Vice President Distribution
We are currently recruiting VICE PRESIDENT DISTRIBUTION for a world class firm in INDIANAPOLIS,IND..(see spec's)if this position could be of interest to you or if you might know someone.
Responsible for the overall activity and performance for facilities assigned in domestic U.S. East Distribution organization which covers the two largest Global DC's in Pennsylvania and Indianapolis, in addition to our Florida and Virginia locations. This position will also have direct responsibility for based Process TSM's. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to full financial accountability, team development, leadership development and succession planning. Accountability for development/implementation of practices, policies, and procedures to keep the organization positioned to support sales and customer demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Financial planning for cost effective performance within those facilities to reach and maintain company objectives
* Cross functional liaison for DC organization as it pertains to corporate initiatives
* Create and/or support policies, practices and procedures designed to sustain company objectives
* Support community involvement activities
* On site presence required minimally on a quarterly basis
* Actively engage in Field Salespartnerships building relationships to help advance business objectives
* Create a positive work environment encouraging openness by providing appropriate feedback, coaching and guidance continuously and consistently
* Compose and communicate annual reviews establishing goals and objectives that support company initiatives and personal development
**Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of 10 years distribution management experience
- Thorough understanding of distribution strategies and tactics
- Ability to demonstrate superior leadership skills
- Emphasis on professional ethics and personal initiative
- In depth knowledge and workings of financial planning and management
- Experience operating successfully in a decentralized environment including multiple facilities
- Excellent word processing, spreadsheet, and data manipulation skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts, ideas, and initiatives across diverse populations
- Advanced negotiation capabilities
- Complete understanding of all cross functional areas of a multi-national organization
- Highly developed problem resolution skills
- Flexibility for extensive travel
- Demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask