Vice President, Finance 9/4/2016
American Nurses Association
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The America Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 3.6 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on health care issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Finance provides leadership and management for the planning, coordination and direction of accounting and financial management services for the ANA Enterprise (American Nurses Association [including ANA-PAC], American Nurses Credentialing Center, American Nurses Foundation and the ANA Retirement Plan) as well as those Constituent and State Nurse Associations that have contracted with ANA to provide finance and accounting support.
* Manage the preparation of all financial reports, dashboards, budgets, forecasts and financial analysis (including business cases).
* Coordinate the annual audit process and ensure that all information is provided to the auditors on time and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
*Oversee daily operations of the financial management and accounting teams.
*Builds, maintains and enhances partnerships within the enterprise, the nursing profession and strategic partners to further the mission and goals of the enterprise.
* Hires, develops, leads, coaches, evaluates and manages the entity staff.
* Supports meetings, strategic planning, decision-making, and activities of the organization within budget guidelines.
*Creates a high performing organization through a culture of collaboration, positive work environment, autonomy and accountability, professional development, and operational excellence.
ANA CORE COMPETENCIES
Operational Values: ANA Enterprise leaders are expected to exemplify the values of Excellence, Empowerment, Collaboration, Creativity, Respect, Trust and Joy.
* Establish and sustain an environment of inclusivity, adaptability and flexibility that leverages the knowledge skills & abilities of team members and volunteers to achieve individual, team and enterprise goals.
* Move toward a shared vision/purpose by encouraging support, diversity, cohesiveness and recognition to individual, team, and volunteer achievements.
* Create a framework for effective engagement, and communication within and among departments, and between all levels of staff, leadership and volunteers, resulting in trust and productivity
Create and Sustain a Positive Work Environment
* Strengthen and sustain cohesion between all forms of teams within and across departments, entities, volunteers, and leaders.
* Align team objectives and departmental goals to the organizational strategic plan.
* Create a healthy work environment that is open, safe and welcoming, and that inspires team members and volunteers to engage in challenging and varied work while successfully managing conflict.
Evaluate MBA required.
Experience: A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressive experience in accounting and financial management, with at least five (5) years of supervisory experience. Not-for-profit experience is required.
Skills: Exceptional communication skills to relate comfortably with healthcare professionals locally and internationally, Board and committee members, nurses, government officials, corporate/foundation leaders, and the public.
PreferredEducation, Skills & Experience: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
Travel Requirements: Capability and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally as required.
ANA's state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
* Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
* 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
* 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
* Excellent matching 401K plan
* Tuition Reimbursement, pending availability of funds
* Flexible Spending Accounts