Vice President Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/26/2016
Carrier Enterprise, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONCarrier Enterprise has an opening for a Vice President of Finance in the Charlotte, North Carolina Headquarters office. The Vice President of Finance will lead the corporate finance team and will report to the CFO.
Lead accounting and finance team to ensure all accounting activities are in accordance with the company's accounting policies, reporting requirements and internal control procedures. This role will also be the main interface with the corporate office and will be directly responsible for ensuring timely and accurate consolidated submissions for various financial reporting information including, but not limited to monthly financial results, cash forecasts, adhoc requests for consolidated information.
This role will also be the main finance/accounting contact for ERP or other system related projects. They will assist in the planning and execution of new/upgraded systems that will impact the business.
1 Position will have direct supervision of the Director of Internal Audit, Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, Director of Credit & Collections, Assistant Controller, Tax Manager and Financial Systems Manager.
2 Assist in leading the finance function with a focus on developing functional excellence within the organization, process excellence/improvement, regular communications, and team development.
3 Assist the COO & CFO with resources/support on all matters where assistance is required (Projects, Board Presentations, etc.).
* Work with external and internal auditors and ensure all audit requests are completed accurately and timely and that questions/issues are addressed.
* Research as needed on accounting guidance and recent pronouncements that may have an impact on the financial reporting. Must possess the ability to understand and communicate to staff and management the implications of the applicable accounting guidance.
* Identify operational opportunities within the Company and work with the respective operating managers in those areas to ensure adherence to key controls and other internal control procedures.
* Advise management of risk and opportunities and maintain strict integrity on all occasions. Possess the tools and insight to identify potential problems before they arise as well as opportunities for improvement.
* Increase departmental productivity through performance measurements and motivational activities that challenge the group to raise its standards.
* Direct responsibility for the monthly financial close including, but not limited to review of month-end accounting reports, journal entries, accruals, revenue recognition, variance analyses and reviews with management.
* Responsible for Monthly Forecast, Annual Plan and weekly projections that account for market, economic and strategic changes and current conditions.
* Drive business initiatives by partnering with local and regional management.
* Possess a high sense of urgency; prioritize as appropriate; work to streamline processes while improving quality, timeliness and accuracy.
* Travel is required.
* BS/BA in Accounting
* CPA Required
* MBA Preferred
* Strong experience in public accounting or large company preferred
* Progressive experience in accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning, treasury, credit/collections and analytical projects with at least 10 years of such experience with at least five years in finance and accounting management (i.e., controller, assistant controller, fp&a manager/director, finance/accounting manager).
* Experience in leading and managing a finance team and interacting/providing guidance to regional finance teams in a matrix management organization
* Must be an outstanding communicator - written and oral
* Must have technical accounting expertise and be able to research and implement new accounting policies and procedures consistent with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
* Must possess excellent analytical skills
* HFM, MS Office
Carrier Enterprise (CE) is a stand-alone joint venture between Carrier Corporation (a United Technologies Company) and Watsco, to sell and distribute Carrier, Bryant, Payne and Toshiba/Carrier residential and light commercial heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) products in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and Latin America.
We foster a startup, laid-back entrepreneurial work environment that has competitive pay, full benefits, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k with company match, and the ability to really make a difference in our company. If you like to contribute and have your voice heard, we are the company for you.
Check out our website: http://carrierenterprise.com
Carrier Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.