Vice President, Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONProvide leadership and oversight of all aspects of finance for the Business Unit.
* Oversee all finance related activities for business unit including developing and monitoring progress against Annual Operating Plan
* Responsible for financial analysis, identification of month end financial drivers, and forecasting including headcount planning to ensure compliance with state requirements
* Responsible for identifying medical cost trends and leadership of medical cost improvement initiatives
* Perform financial impact analysis for new contracts and support negotiations
* Review monthly performance and financial results of the business unit and provide recommendations to senior management
* Responsible for the business unit's contribution to corporate
* Perform duties as Chief liaison between Corporate Finance and the Business Unit
* Establish financial strategic vision, objectives, policies and procedures in support of the overall strategic plan
* Oversee and validate pricing models and lead initiatives to identify inefficiencies and areas of development and improvement
* Direct health plan analytical needs and coordinate reporting strategy
* May lead rate setting activity and coordinate corporate and state actuaries
* Qualifications:Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent experience. Master's degreepreferred. 8+ years in a high level finance role in the healthcare or insurance industry. Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff. License/Certification: CPA preferred