Vice President, Global Sourcing and Procurement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 3/15/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
The Vice President - Head of the Procurement and Sourcing Group - will provide the executive leadership and strategic vision to lead an enterprise wide sourcing, purchasing, procurement, and program with associated policies and processes that optimize cost reductions and financial savings to the company. S/he will also leverage the subject matter expertise and collaborate with key stakeholders of the enterprise and its lines of business to drive best value through our procurement initiatives.
* Drive the development and execution of the strategic vision for the Procurement and Sourcing organization.
* Establish organizational goals, objectives, and operating procedures in line with the overall business plans and objectives of Salesforce.
* Provide strategic consulting and analytic perspective to executive management and key business stakeholders on procurement strategies and risks.
* Establish effective metrics and performance monitoring systems to ensure quantifiable gauges of the delivery of procurement results.
* Lead change management efforts related to our strategy and transformation change in support of the strategic and operational objectives of the enterprise.
* Drive strategic cost optimization efforts through process improvements, contractual efficiencies and elimination of wasteful spending; achieve annual cost savings goals.
* Ensure that top talent is retained, hired, developed throughout all procurement organizational levels.
* Develop and build organizational capability within the procurement and sourcing function to develop a highly effective team of professionals.
* In coordination with Employee Success, provide training and development opportunities across the entire Procurement and Sourcing organization.
* Lead the effective implementation, integration, and execution of Procurement and Sourcing's organizational strategic and tactical plan initiatives.
* Develop and implement an efficient, effective strategic sourcing and procurement function in support of the strategic and operational objectives of the enterprise.
* Quantify demand across the enterprise to better leverage pricing and vendor selection.
* Bring a cross-functional perspective to the team.
* Undergraduate degree and MBA or JD (other relevant graduate degrees considered).
* Deep strategy and analytics experience, preferably at a Tier I consulting firm.
* Extensive experience leading the development and implementation of strategic procurement plans including purchasing, supply chain management, sourcing and vendor selection.
* Extensive experience in the procurement and sourcing of IT hardware, software and professional services, outsourcing (BPO) and familiarity in the area of IT asset management.
* Proven executive leadership experience in a large, complex organization.
* Documented success in developing strategic procurement programs which have resulted in significant cost savings and efficiencies.
* Outstanding communication skills and the ability to distill ideas into compelling presentations.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully influence senior management and critical stakeholders and to communicate the group's vision and accomplishments.
* Exceptionally developed interpersonal and relationship skills as evidenced by successfully influencing and leading change in a highly matrixed environment.
* Highly developed business acumen, strategic planning, organizational assessment, and process engineering and re-engineering skills.
* Demonstrated experience as a "thought leader" - sought after for advice, counsel and judgment.
* Demonstrated success in hiring, developing, retaining and coaching staff.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
* Entrepreneurial orientation and abilities - An individual who can function effectively and drive desired results in a fluid, fast-moving and competitive business environment characterized by rapid change.
* Excellent relationship management skills (e.g. peers, executive management, and colleagues).
* Strong business acumen and ability to bring a macro perspective to business opportunities.
* Highly motivated and self-directed individual who is tenacious in her/her methodology.
* Has the ability to make informed decisions with incomplete data sets, and demonstrates a bias for action and strong sense of urgency.
* Deep analytics expertise and a bias toward strong use of data.
* Comfortable with and willing to learn new technologies, including the Salesforce product line.
* Proven execution skills - An individual who can successfully execute against their strategy alongside other groups. This will require the individual to develop the technical competence and interpersonal skills necessary to work collaboratively with others outside his/her direct team.
* Demonstrated leadership in other related functions, particularly Operations and/or Strategy Groups to bring a well-rounded perspective to the team.
The Global Procurement and Sourcing team at Salesforce partners with all divisions/functions to strategically source and proactively manage Salesforce's spend with a focus on added value and building a best-in-class procurement function for sustained savings and competitive advantage. This includes:
* Ensuring strategic cost excellence: providing optimal service and quality for the lowest cost and focusing on ongoing cost containment.
* Acting as a change agent to improve processes, ensure compliance to Procurement Policies, and manage supplier performance, including encouraging innovation.
* Driving superior sourcing, category, supplier development and management, supplier business reviews, category management, and risk management expertise in Salesforce's key spend areas
* The VP, Global Procurement and Sourcing will report into the Executive Vice President, Global Corporate Services.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbe's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.