Vice President, Global Supply Chain 9/8/2016
NorthSand HR Group, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VICE PRESIDENT, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN
_COMPENSATION BASED ON EXPERIENCE + FULL BENEFITS (MEDICAL, OPTICAL, DENTAL, 401K) _
Global automotive manufacturer poised for tremendous growth! Absolutely one of the most exciting products introduced in decades. With major expansions underway they offer products that are cutting edge and will set the future path for the automotive world.
LEAD A LARGE GLOBAL TEAM
* Materials Director
* Purchasing Director
* Supplier Quality Management Director
* Supplier Quality Engineers
* Plant Materials Managers / full plant materials management teams
* Drive operational excellence in supply chain capabilities through a 3-year strategic roadmap.
* Analyze and assess industry and market dynamics on quarterly and annual basis to assess product, supply, and inventory needs to meet revenue and margin targets.
* Build synergies amongst operations centers' Purchasing Policies and the Corporate Purchasing Policy at both site and country levels wherever feasible.
* Develop and maintain technology trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology road maps.
* Engage in strategic negotiations to achieve favorable conditions and strong supplier partnerships.
* Leverage spend globally and exploit all opportunities.
* Ensure that corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and innovation are themes in all activities.
* Develop and deploy, in coordination with the manufacturing plants, an annual procurement plan - ensure that is fully communicated, and correctly integrated, into the operational and financial performance goals of the manufacturing plants.
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT / LOGISTICS
* Serve as functional executive providing leadership, policy development, and best practice implementation to global plant locations.
* Lean tool implementations.
* Direct 3PL's - import / export.
SUPPLY CHAIN MODEL AND IMPLEMENTATION
* Model different supply chain systems to be implemented that align to the businesses' market demand patterns and the operations centers' manufacturing models.
* Implement different sourcing alternatives that consider the trade-offs between cost, lead-time, inventory and responsiveness.
* Develop, deploy, and teach standard processes to systematically assess current operations' practices, identify the proper supply chain model required to achieve the stated business goals, and implement / monitor the impact of deployed actions.
SUPPLIER QUALITY MANAGEMENT
* Assess supplier manufacturing facilities and determine if supplier is capable of meeting technical, manufacturing, and quality requirements.
* Assess and determine if supplier manufacturing facilities are capable to support program timing plans. Develop and implement countermeasures as needed.
* Drive supplier PPAP timing plans, and submission and approval dates to ensure adherence / compliance to program timing.
* Monitor supplier performance to program deliverables and part quality. Develop and implement countermeasures as needed.
* Provide supplier quality support to all team members but especially to Purchasing, Product Engineering, and Manufacturing.
* Ensure completion of onsite supplier assessments for potential new suppliers.
* Ensure completion of onsite supplier production readiness assessments.
* Develop continuous improvement plans as appropriate.
* Provide supplier quality support for functional team members.
* Ensure flawless launch execution.
* Bachelor's degreerequired in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Management or related (Supply Chain preferred).
* Master's degree and / or professional certification in Supply Chain (highly preferred).
* Experience in an operations management position.
* Minimum 10+ years' experience within a similar Director / VP role within automotive manufacturing.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
* Extensive understanding of broad global supply chain competencies including purchasing, capacity planning across the value chain, and supplier quality.
* Solid working knowledge of best practices, planning and purchasing systems, and experience with systems selection, implementation and upgrades.
* A strong working knowledge of leading edge manufacturing and materials management processes is required as is experience with international businesses.
* Demonstrated high-level working knowledge and ability to develop presentations in MS PowerPoint, spreadsheets in MS Excel, basic forms in MS Access, and an understanding of manufacturing MRP logic.
* Strong background in Supply Chain Planning systems.
* In depth understanding of SAP or similar ERP technologies.
* Strong interpersonal, communications, and influencing skills to coach constituents within the organization.
* Proven ability to lead a team in continually developing professional roles / responsibilities and implementing effective improvements across the department and organization to maximize efficiencies.
* Proven operational experience and change management in a fast-growing business environment including a strong track record in meeting expectations and delivering on commitments.
* A willingness to engage the business at all levels, perform any and all tasks necessary to "get the job done", and ability to work effectively in a dynamic cultural environment.
* A "roll up your sleeves, can do" positive attitude.
* Travel requirements of this role are domestics and international - up to 50% travel a year. Candidate must currently possess or qualify for international travel documents.