Vice President - Head of US KYC Due Diligence 8/25/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUSINESS OVERVIEW:
Within Client Management of The Bank, the Global Client On-Boarding team's objective is to function as the primary interface for coordinating all incoming new client on-boarding's. The team goal will be to ensure an efficient, global and consistent first class service to all new clients.
This team is responsible for coordinating the prioritization of CIB on-boarding's with execution and implementation of the KYC (Collect, analysis, conformity).
The team operates on a worldwide level and must collaborate as "one team" to ensure a customer-centric responsive and effective cutting edge global on-boarding service. This team will operate closely with major functions as well as "Mtiers" sales head (i.e. Corporate Banking / Capital Markets) and business managers. Ultimately, the Team is responsible for the overall on-boarding client satisfaction and ensuring KYC / AML controls are in place for each onboarding.
The Head of US KYC Due Diligence will be working and managing a team of over 25 individuals to facilitate and provide a complete transversal new client KYC for CIB. Producing client risk assessments, client profiles, due diligence analyses and awarding a risk rating where appropriate. Also, providing feedback and escalating issues to the appropriate support functions; the Front Office and the Americas Due Diligence Head.
* Demonstrate awareness of the USA patriotic Act, the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) UK Guidance notes for the prevention of money laundering and the3rd European Money Laundering Directive
* _The Joint Money Laundering Steering Group is made up of the leading UK Trade Associations in the Financial Services Industry. Its aim is to promulgate good practice in countering money laundering and to give practical assistance in interpreting the UK Money Laundering Regulations. This is primarily achieved by the publication of industry guidance._
* Understand the principles of Corporate Banking / Capital Markets and be familiar with CIB products
* Aware of various types of trading entities - hedge funds, SPVs, corporates, limited, private and public
companies, holding companies, trust's etc.
* Ability to manage ad hoc projects
* Must have strong KYC knowledge in order to identify possible risks
* Responsible for conducting 1 on 1 peer reviews
* Responsible for performing a sample Quality Control checks of KYC / AML documents in accordance with current procedures
* Responsible for overseeing individuals and processes within remit (Individual should have the ability to proactively identify control gaps and independently lead solutions)
* Ensure the day to day production is timely completed by their team
* Ability to multitask various projects and see them through to completion
IMPLEMENTATION AND PROCESS:
* Ensure our process is consistent globally but adapted to local rules
* Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and update of procedures
* Work within a team - with an adaptable flexible approach and coordinate with team members and with the different platforms across the world
* Liaise regularly with clients, compliance, other support functions including internally within the Global Client On-boarding team, due diligence Managers and local Business officers
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or other related field of study.
* 7 - 10years financialexperience, with a focus in the KYC operations space.
* Experience conducting peer reviews
* Experience overseeing at least 15 individuals
* Strong Knowledge of the due diligence and 3rd EU money laundering requirements
* Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
* Ability to think globally / independently
* Strong appetite for organization
* Possess project management skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to follow an issue through to its conclusion