Vice President, Human Resources
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Vice President, Human Resources
Auto Req ID
The Vice President (VP) will partner with the account leadership and IFM (Integrated Facility Management) organization to drive talent strategies including workforce planning, creating strategic frameworks to meet short and long term talent needs, while also running day to day HR operations for a rapidly growing account for a highly visible client.
The role has multiple executive stakeholders with complementary and sometimes competing priorities. Experience managing multiple executive stakeholders is key to success in this position. Deliver exceptional quality of service to the client through a fully staffed, developmentally strong and organizationally aligned talent pool.
The VP will manage a large team in a highly matrixed and decentralized environment, reporting to the Account Executive. The portfolio covers multiple sites in three countries with employee population growth more than doubling in the coming year. Strong vision and managerial skills are a must have; proven ability to coach/mentor/performance manage is key.
A credible, impactful communicator, the VP operates with an action-oriented approach knowing how to measure the results of various HR activities and responding to the dynamic needs of our clients.
The VP facilitates HR programs that enhance a culture of inclusiveness and diversity, linking development and leadership initiatives to business strategy and measurable results.
A politically-savvy and tenacious agent of process improvement / change, the VP thrives in a fast paced, ambiguous and dynamic environment.
The role requires a highly autonomous, self-directed, resourceful VP who assesses client needs and integrates in account plans. This is accomplished by working with the client s HR leadership to ensure a synchronous and cultural fit for both companies.
The VP refines and delivers integrated HR programs by drawing on the strength of the HR central platform including HR technology, talent management, workforce planning, compensation and benefits. Creativity is key in developing programs to fit the account culture such as rewards, recognition and people care programs.
* Minimum of 10-12 years of experience in a client-focused HR Generalist role including recruiting, employee relations, project management and integrated talent management experience
* Minimum 3-5 years leading and managing a team or equivalent evidence of leadership influence and managerial skills
* Bachelor s degree with major concentration in either HR or business; advanced degree preferred; experience in professional services sector a strong positive
* HR certification (PHR, SPHR, GPHR) preferred; experience in professional services and / or global experience a plus
* Change catalyst, balancing urgency and client responsiveness with methodology and discipline
* Ability to see big picture through meta-awareness
* An effective strategist and practitioner with a solid track record of successful execution of HR programs
* Strong financial and business acumen
* Ability to establish relationships with all levels of an organization, while gaining and maintaining credibility
* High energy influencer, capable of persuading leadership and management within and outside of HR on the account and with the client
* Demonstrated data-driven, fact-based decision maker
* Current understanding/application of leading HR practices yet capable and willing to synthesize information and use terms consistent with existing business strategy
* Ability to work in an ambiguous environment while driving for results
* Strong collaboration skills and high integrity
* Self-Starter; results oriented and motivated professional. Sets clear and ambitious goals to obtain measurable results for critical priorities and deliverables.
* Drive HR strategy for the account
* Coach business leaders on talent opportunities, gaps and development
* Organize project teams to lead HR special projects; examples include Culture Survey, Recruiting, focus sessions and roadshows.
* Collaborate and partner to implement key human resources initiatives, including:
* Talent management programs (Talent Review, Re-deployment, Performance Management / IPMP, /Calibration preparation)
* Compensation Planning programs
* Diversity and Inclusion programs
* Training as needed via Training Director
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.