Vice President, Human Resources (VP, HR)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26561-2549
PEOPLE. PERFORMANCE. POSSIBILITIES. These words describe the focus of our Human Resources team supporting the mission of HCA, one of the largest healthcare providers in the world: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. HCA HR has recently expanded the ways that it provides service to leaders and employees by unifying our HR team to offer new services for caregivers including our 24/7 HCA hrAnswers Center and Portal, new capabilities with our expanded Centers of Excellence, and new business impact through strategic HR Business Partner teams. There s never been a more exciting time to join HCA HR.
West Florida Healthcare is proud to offer all private rooms to our patients. Our facility is the area's only Atrial Fibrillation Certified hospital and was the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. We are also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, a mental health facility, and the area's only CARF-accredited, comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation s leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
The Vice President, Human Resources, provides strategic HR and talent consulting/advising to the executive team (CEO, CFO, CNO, Dept., Directors, etc.) at our West Florida Hospital, creating the desired workplace culture and an engaged and productive workforce through HCA s policies, programs and practices. Reporting to the Regional VP of HR for our South Atlantic Division, and proactively working with all HCA HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Centers, this position will be responsible for the following:
* Lead the facility HR team to deliver strategic and operational HR support within the facility.
* Partner with the executive leadership team to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization, and deploy appropriate HR interventions in collaboration with appropriate COEs.
* Work collaboratively with other Region HR leaders, the HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Centers to provide feedback and improve the enterprise-wide programs and services for the employee and leader population.
* Ensure operational excellence, monitoring and measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the HR team.
* As appropriate, lead the HR response to emergencies, disasters, and other time-sensitive events, as well as routine employee issues regarding performance, compensation, employee relations, engagement, and other areas.
ALIGN BUSINESS AND HR STRATEGY FOR FACILITY
* Engage executives (CEO, CFO, CNO, Dept., Managers, etc.) to understand talent needs of the businesses and define responses.
* Lead the facility HR staff to execute HCA-wide and location-specific HR initiatives.
* Participate in periodic business strategic planning and review cycles; act as the human capital strategy architect to proactively work with COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements.
* Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, employee engagement/sensing, and other data).
* If applicable, work with the Regional VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to develop and implement facility Labor strategies, support contract negotiations, grievance investigations, etc.
ADVISE EXECUTIVES ON PEOPLE ISSUES
* Provide HR observations related to strategy/performance in meetings and one-on-one; formulate HR requirements.
* Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to employee or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
* Manage response to executive requests for information, questions or special projects.
DEPLOY TALENT AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
* Partner with COE to deploy talent programs (performance assessment & review, succession planning, development planning). Working with facility managers and the L&OD Center of Excellence, conduct learning needs assessment, establish development priorities for the facility and promote development resources to employees.
* Support executives and managers with advice and HCA tools for employee coaching, mentoring, multi-rater feedback processes, high-potential development, career development counseling, etc.
LEAD LOCAL EMPLOYEE & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT EFFORTS
* Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
* Represent HCA in helping organize or participate in community meetings and events; lead process for applying for relevant grants. Engage in community talent pipeline development programs.
* Interpret and drive action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess population temperature through formal and informal sensing and report results/plan actions with executive team.
* Implement programs to recognize service and celebrate achievement by employees.
PARTNER TO SUPPORT BUSINESS PERFORMANCE, QUALITY AND PATIENT CARE INITIATIVES
* Partner with Corporate & Business (or LOB) leaders on initiatives related to patient care, quality, safety & compliance, physical security, data security, professional ethics, etc., implementing training and development, performance management, certification & other initiatives to create an environment of compliance/excellence.
* Uphold all compliance standards, including OFCCP, Joint Commission, Department of Labor, HR policies.
* Investigate employee relations, ethics, or compliance issues, consulting with appropriate COE/Service Center.
* Implement individual performance evaluation, problem identification and resolution processes based on COE-defined HCA policies and processes; provide advice to leaders on policy interpretation and advising on disciplinary practices, consult on suspension/ termination of employment decisions.
* Escalate major issues to Regional VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence leaders when appropriate.
* Co-create and manage location emergency response plans with appropriate departments.
DRIVE HR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
* Build develop and lead a team of HR professionals within the facility.
* Work with business executives, Regional VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to develop or modify strategies and programs to more effectively meet business needs and align with the HCA culture.
* Work with CFO and Total Rewards Center of Excellence to develop the compensation strategy; prepare managers for the salary planning and incentive process, providing budgets; present results of the process to business leaders.
* Effectively communicate benefits changes, employee value proposition, etc.; support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level.
* Conduct ongoing position budgeting review and ensure that staffing plans are aligned with span of control, productivity metrics, budgeted allocations, etc. Understand local and regional healthcare talent market; revise and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
* Manage local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
* Support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work coordination at facility level.
* Drive effective leader and