Vice President Industrial Design - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONVice President Industrial Design - Kohler, WI
This VP will be asked to lead the Industrial Design and Advanced Concept Development functions for Kohler Kitchen and Bath Americas, and build the strongest possible design organization in terms of passion, talent, quality and innovation. We are looking for a hands-on design leader with a sharp edge on design to provide leadership for all aspects of the function including:
- Solid line responsibility for product design and advanced development.
- Work collaboratively with the Chairman and senior management involved frequently in Design.
- Align Industrial Design goals and work with the strategic objectives of the organization and push the envelope of innovative thinking for the business.
- Keep Kohler on the leading edge of product and process design and technology.
- Develop and promote a corporate design philosophy and environment of excellence for designers and design work. Sketch, visualize and communicate new product concepts.
- Provide creative direction to design teams, present design concepts and trends to new product development functions, collaborate, and seek feedback on ideas and products.
- Mentor, develop and inspire design staff.
- Coordinate activities between businesses to better facilitate new product development, and work closely with executives in Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- And, last but not least, engage Industrial Design, user experience and design thinking as critical contributors in the development of a corporate strategic plan.
This position is located at headquarters in Kohler, Wisconsin, and a comprehensive relocation package is available.
- An outstanding design portfolio - your work, plus team projects you have led.
- 12 years product industrial design and development experience.
- 5 years management experience including design management and working with product
- Experience in consumer durables and architecture preferred.
- Bachelors degree is required, a Masters degree is preferred.
Why Work at Kohler?
Kohler's mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.